White lights/multicolored lights

Let's discuss ideas and tips for decorating for Christmas

Re: White lights/multicolored lights

Postby ldiliberto on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:36 pm

We always used multicolor lights when I was growing up, but my wife likes the clean look of white on the tree now.
ldiliberto

Postby Chris on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:36 am

We used colored sometimes and all one color other times. One year my mom wanted to do all red and it looked really cool. ;-)

ldiliberto wrote:We always used multicolor lights when I was growing up, but my wife likes the clean look of white on the tree now.
Chris

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:39 pm

i think white and multicolor both look beautiful on different types of houses. I kind of alternate every other year or so, i guess.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...:)
ChristmasPenguin

Postby Chris on Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:28 pm

I agree, it is nice to have the variety.

ChristmasPenguin wrote:i think white and multicolor both look beautiful on different types of houses. I kind of alternate every other year or so, i guess.
Chris

Postby Andybev01 on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:16 pm

I prefer colored lights because you always see white lights at restaurant terraces and the like throuout the year.

G-d help me; my brother-in-law (love him dearly...) systematicly installs C-7 white lights EXACTLY UPRIGHT AND/OR PERFECTLY POINTING OUTWARD, FROM THE HOUSE.

The lights outline all of the houses' edges and roof peaks...perfectly.

It makes me think of some futuristic idea of a perfect (sterile) Yuletide.

(shudder)
"What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
Dr. Seuss
Andybev01

Postby jerseygirl13 on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:45 pm

Multicolored, definitely. The built-in lights on our new tree are white, so I made my mom put colored lights on it too. :mrgreen:
jerseygirl13

Postby grinchgirl on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:36 am

Must have tiny white lights & MASSIVE QUANTITIES, both inside & outside the house!!! The last time I actually COUNTED the strands as I took them off my main tree (an 8-footer & very full), there were 13 100-light strands!!! The garlands around the front porch & on the picket fence were just as fully-lit. Now that I've moved back to the farmhouse where I grew up, I don't have the picket fence -yet. What I do have is room for more trees :D & more trees mean more white lights!!! Sometimes, I like them flashing & sometimes & like them steady-burning, but either way, there has to be an over-abundance or them!!!

Abbie
grinchgirl

Postby ANGELPUGS on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:03 pm

On my white tree i use blue as i do a silver and blue theme one tear and the next year i do a red and silver theme and my one big green tree which is pre-lit is white lights and i use the multi-color on it also it looks nice and the outside is done in blue and white,plus i have animated things outside also it really looks pretty. :)
ANGELPUGS

Postby dees473 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:29 am

I usually white/clear on the tree and on the outside I use multi
dees473

Postby ANGELPUGS on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:42 am

I use blue and white lights outside and on our fence fresh cut greens that i cut myself and make a swag and i use multi-color with that.My inside trees,the white one is blue and white lights wth blue and silver decorations and my green one which is pre-lit with white i also add multi-color with that and it all looks nice.
ANGELPUGS

Postby gameshowguy2000 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:48 pm

Multi-colored for me.

When we went post-Christmas shopping at Target 4 years ago, my dad mentioned our Christmas tree that we had for about 20 years or so was starting to fall apart. So, he saw 2 good choices: a 400 multi-light tree or a 500 white-light tree. I wanted the 500 one because it had more lights, but he wanted the 400 one because it was multi. So I guess for him it was more like "quality over quantity".
"Who would imagine, who could imagine, who would imagine a king?"-Whitney Houston, The Preacher's Wife, 1996

gameshowguy2000

Postby Jina on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:16 pm

I'm going for the multi colored lights myself. Now if I see one certain color only then it would be the blue. I think that can look really pretty next to snow.
Jina

Postby gameshowguy2000 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:19 pm

Jina wrote:I'm going for the multi colored lights myself. Now if I see one certain color only then it would be the blue. I think that can look really pretty next to snow.

Anything wrong with white only or red only? (White only would match the color of the snow)
"Who would imagine, who could imagine, who would imagine a king?"-Whitney Houston, The Preacher's Wife, 1996

gameshowguy2000

Postby Jina on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:33 am

gameshowguy2000 wrote:
Jina wrote:I'm going for the multi colored lights myself. Now if I see one certain color only then it would be the blue. I think that can look really pretty next to snow.

Anything wrong with white only or red only? (White only would match the color of the snow)

Nothing wrong with white only or red only, it's just that I like the all blue!
Jina

Postby Frothy on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Jina wrote:
gameshowguy2000 wrote:

Nothing wrong with white only or red only, it's just that I like the all blue!

yup it looks very cold :)
Frothy

Previous

Return to Holiday Decoration