New Decorations for the Holidays

Let's discuss ideas and tips for decorating for Christmas

New Decorations for the Holidays

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:05 pm

If you bought something THIS YEAR and you want to share. Post a few pictures of your goodies here.

I just bought a six foot pre-lit tree. Here's a picture of the tree and the box. I just pulled it out of the box and shaped it's branches. (In the store, it didn't look so hot.) But after a bit of manipulation, it turned out a lot better than the floor model.

First... The daytime shot, the nighttime shot and last, the mirrored star that hangs right above the top branch. Mostly, because the tree toppers today are so heavy, the flimsy top branch couldn't hold anything up with any more density than paper. The star hangs on monofilament fishing line. It's nearly undetectable.

ImageImageImageImage

I bought two packs of tinsel strands, which I like better than garland and two cylinders of 48 ornaments (in various colors.) All were at Big Lots. If you go check, it's tree H7-multi-colored lights, they do have an all white lights version, but they were sold out. (I think that the clear/white lighted tree's number, was either H6 or H8 ) but this one was $26. AND the last one boxed on the shelf. Not bad, but not the greatest thing since cordial cherries.
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Postby kallie0509 on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:13 pm

oh, fabulous wolfie! i haven't got anything new, but i'll be sure to post if i do. i see that you have your tree up. i was thinking of putting mine up this evening out of boredom, but i always seem to jump the gun every year and then get burned out on christmas. i...must....hold...out
kallie0509

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:21 pm

I also got 100 ft. of green garland, and picked up two old, (unopened,) boxes of white net lights from the parents. They hate net lights. I don't know why.

What am I going to do with it? I'm wondering the same thing myself. But 100 ft. of garland for $9.00 is a steal whether you want it or not. So I snagged it. Something says to run it around the room, and use some colored lights with it.

The net lights? I have a few non christmas ideas for those.
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Postby kallie0509 on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:24 pm

hmmm, could you some how attach the net lights across your ceiling so that it looks like little stars? just a thought.
kallie0509

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:57 am

Nice 'carry-over' from Hcom, Wolfie!!!! Let's show our new stuff!!!

I don't have anything yet. :(
Ol' Black Pete

Postby frenchy on Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:20 am

ok i started last week with some new things

frenchy

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:58 am

Since I'm partial to lawn & house decorations, I think the pinguin & the trees are AWSOME!

I love the ornements for the tree too. I LOVE wooden ornements. I think they bring a big dose of tradition and old world flavor to the decorations.
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:25 pm

Oh Frenchy, I LOVE the gift tags!!!!!!! Where did you find 'em?
Ol' Black Pete

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:19 pm

Ol' Black Pete wrote:Oh Frenchy, I LOVE the gift tags!!!!!!! Where did you find 'em?

They're from Kirklands. You can see the top of the package in the photo. But we don't have that store here. :(

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Postby frenchy on Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:59 pm

Kirklands is Costco's brand name, I got them at Costco. Same with the Edible ornaments, I agree they do look like wood, but taste a whole lot better!
frenchy

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:39 pm

Wow! Didn't know that! We have Costcos here, but we had Kirklands stores in the malls in Ohio where I'm from.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Re: New Decorations for the Holidays

Postby ldiliberto on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:53 pm

Have you seen the new Photo Ornaments out there yet? There are some brand new ones that are really cool.
ldiliberto

Postby Andybev01 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:08 pm

I made the mistake of stopping at the drug store on the way to work this morning and got this house for $19.99, the trees were a buck each.

I like Dept 56 and Lemaxx but the off-brand stuff have it's charms too.

I set it up inthe office to, you know, see if it works ;-)

I put it on 2 pieces of construction paper, green and blue. It worked pretty well for a quick background.
Attachments
New House 2  Xmas 2008.JPG
New House 2 Xmas 2008.JPG (246.09 KiB) Viewed 4998 times
New House Xmas 2008.JPG
New House Xmas 2008.JPG (200.19 KiB) Viewed 4998 times
"What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
Dr. Seuss
Andybev01

Postby Andybev01 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:22 pm

WOO-HOO!!!!!
A friend at work saw the house (above) and asked if I would like 2 that she had duplicates of.
she brought them today and (for cryin' out loud!) they are David Winter Studios Cottages!!!

Really, I have just received the best gift and it's not even Christmas yet!!!

It's tough to see but the details on these is remarkable.
Attachments
Scrooges Schoolhouse.JPG
Scrooges Schoolhouse.JPG (191.78 KiB) Viewed 4981 times
Fezziwigs Emporium.JPG
Fezziwigs Emporium.JPG (163.25 KiB) Viewed 4978 times
"What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
Dr. Seuss
Andybev01

Re:

Postby susan423 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:45 am

I B Freezin' Wolfman wrote:Image

I also got 100 ft. of green garland, and picked up two old, (unopened,) boxes of white net lights from the parents. They hate net lights. I don't know why.

What am I going to do with it? I'm wondering the same thing myself. But 100 ft. of garland for $9.00 is a steal whether you want it or not. So I snagged it. Something says to run it around the room, and use some colored lights with it.

The net lights? I have a few non christmas ideas for those.

I picked up a box of the net lights at a yard sale over the summer. Opening it up it wasn't as big as I thought it would be. I'd need a few more to do anything decent. I actually spread it on top of my hanging pot rack. Not only does it look cool but it gives my kitchen some much needed extra lighting. I'm planning on leaving it up there all the time.
susan423

Next

Return to Holiday Decoration