Outside the Box: What are you planing to leave out all year?

Let's discuss ideas and tips for decorating for Christmas

Outside the Box: What are you planing to leave out all year?

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:05 am

Outside of leaving the christmas lights up, outside all year long... What are you going to leave out of the attic or storage, to enjoy for the rest of the year?

I have a beautiful mirrored star that I have hanging in the exact same spot for over the tree. I also have two different snowflakes that has helped me keep the Christmas fear, er... I mean "cheer", all year round. I've seemed to have a transfixation with the new strings of LED light strings. So I have four strings of those up year round.
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:12 am

one day, one day, one day........I'll have my all Oz xmas tree and it's never comin' down! And if I'm really lucky I'll find something new under it throughout the year to add to my collection *sigh*

If we had more room, I'd like to keep all of our Jim shore pieces out all year round because they're so beautiful.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:57 pm

Why not put up a shelf and display them year round? After all, I only have two snowflakes, but their on display all year long. OBP is pretty creative. Can't you get the guy to put up a shelf for ya?
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:43 pm

Image Freezin... If you saw what we call 'The OZ Room' you'd be like this: Image

I'm having enough trouble coming up with enough shelves to display the stuff that IS up year 'round. If, perhaps, we move into a place the size of Catzilla's Baltimore Mansion then MAYBE we might have enough room!
Ol' Black Pete

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:04 pm

I guess it's time to put a few objects in "rotation" just to give it a change, now and then.

I also collect a lot of Tazmanian Devil figures and stuff with Taz on them. But due to the lack of room, I have it squrreled away, somewhere, in the storage closet.

Maybe when the apartment gets rearranged, I might find room to display the collection. But for now, I have a giant Taz, resin cast figure on the fridge. I'm thinking of creating a special niche just for him, while I redecorate the apartment.
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Postby Christmas-Lover on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:12 pm

i have a bit of tinsel on my pull cord light i keep up all yr it jus keeps the spirit alive 4 me all year long
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
Christmas-Lover

Return to Holiday Decoration