when do you decorate?

Let's discuss ideas and tips for decorating for Christmas

Postby kallie0509 on Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:43 pm

Snow Faery wrote:I can't take it anymore! I'm thinking of putting my tree up tonight............ is that wrong!?! :lol:

no, not at all. i let my little girl put up our tiny 2 foot tree last night and decorate it herself. i felt a little guilty and thought maybe it was too early, but she really wanted to do it and sometimes she can just look at me with those pleading eyes like the puss in boots in the shrek movies! :lol:
kallie0509

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:11 pm

Not at all, Snowy! Go for it!
Ol' Black Pete

Postby Snow Faery on Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:54 pm

:lol: Thanks guys - I love you so much for not making me feel crazy! I will put pics of the tree up when it's done :D
~ What's this, what's this? There's magic in the air... ~

Snow Faery AKA Magickbean ;)
Snow Faery

Re: when do you decorate?

Postby AinsleyKath on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:36 am

i would have already started in November month end. since i love to decor for christmas i just started it very soon...
AinsleyKath

Postby The Dentist on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:52 am

When I was a kid we always decorated the day after Thanksgiving. Now that I have my own family, we have been doing it about 2 weeks before Christmas. It just gets overwhelming doing everything and then the stress of figuring out where everything goes. Of course I don't take everything down until AFTER New years, that was we get to enjoy everything for at least a few weeks. The tree is the hardest to take down, you know the holidays are over when that comes down. :x
The Dentist

Postby Fosty's Friend on Sat May 09, 2009 10:26 am

Well sence I am in Canada, We start usally after Halloween....I will put a few things in the window and might get the light's up befor the snow come's, Then usally about the 3rd week of November we will get the tree up and any other decration's that need too go up :)
Fosty's Friend

Postby MelindaB on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:49 am

Traditionally we decorate the day or weekend after Thanksgiving. In 2008 we had our first artificial tree, and it was so beautiful when I pulled it out of the delivery box for inspection, that we went ahead and assembled it almost 2 weeks early, and decorated. This year we will probably set the tree up the week before Thanksgiving, and decorate it the weekend after. It is so beautiful without ornaments, i want to steal some time just looking at it's natural state.
MelindaB

Postby TrueNorth on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:00 pm

For several years we lived in St. Louis and Thanksgiving weekend was usually when we put up the outside lights.
Now that we are in Minnesota we start earlier. If we wait until Thanksgiving it's just too darn cold. Usually right after Halloween you start seeing the outside lights go up, though they don't get turned on until close to Thanksgiving. We usually turn ours on around the 20th or so of November. By Thanksgiving most of the lights in the neighborhood are on.

A few leaves are falling and changing colors a bit here in the Twin Cities. It won't be long now.
TrueNorth

Postby ANGELPUGS on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:47 am

I start a day or so before thanksgiving as i have so much to do as i decorate the outside with my greens that i make and i have animated that needs to be set up and the whole inside of my home the trees and the village which is big and all the other decor it takes a little while. :)
ANGELPUGS

Postby dadan on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:34 pm

when "ber" months is nearing i start to prepare all i need for decoration on christmas. by the month of november i have already decorated my house...

Postby Andybev01 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:54 am

Looks like I'm part of the Thanksgiving crowd. The day after, out come the tubs and up go the lights.
"What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
Dr. Seuss
Andybev01

Postby Jina on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:22 pm

kallie0509 wrote:just curious, when do you guys start decorating for christmas? before thanksgiving? after?

I do the inside right after Thanksgiving but the outside well that depends on the weather. Sometimes it's after Halloween and sometimes it's 2 weeks before Christmas which I feel is really too late.
Jina

Postby gameshowguy2000 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:35 am

Almost every year I've done it, it's been around Thanksgiving or so; maybe the days before or maybe the days after, and like some have said here, it all depends on the weather. If the weather outside is nice, we do the outside lights first; if not, the tree first.
"Who would imagine, who could imagine, who would imagine a king?"-Whitney Houston, The Preacher's Wife, 1996

gameshowguy2000

Postby Frothy on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:31 pm

I start decorating before thanksgiving. I love the festive ambiance of the house while having thanksgiving dinner.
Frothy

Postby toy lady on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:21 pm

I start decorating the day after Thanksgiving. We have 8 birthdays in Dec too, too much celebrating plus Christmas, it's hard to fit it all in!! :wink:
toy lady

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Decoration