I HAVE AN IDEA

Discussion of general Halloween topics
EvilMel
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by EvilMel » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:17 am

My husband got me an old Legend of Sleepy Hollow record with the follow along book for my birthday in November. We each remembered reading/listening to it as kids. I don't see the one that I got pictured on that list...but it's still really cool.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:12 am

I really love hearing all these stories! They're so cute and cool at the same time... There is really nothing like finding some record you had when you were a kid, and listening to it through different ears...sometimes, it seems like you get much more out of it the second time.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:02 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRVZLgb7200

Amazing TV commercial for the Dark Shadows board game...a late 60's product I believe?

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:04 am

Ooo I picked up some old VHS last night. Yeah I know, VHS but hey the price was right. I much prefer DVD but when I went to this old rental place in town which is known for its old VHS collection and seen that they are all fo sale I was so pumped! I bought 5 movies and I will have to go back today or sometime this week....I picked up the original Black Christmas, Christmas Evil, Warlock, Night Breed and The Changling!!!! There is a lot more I think I will had to my collection too. The guy kinda looked at me funny but I was in Horror Hevean. Just had to share.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:42 am

Those are all fun. "The Changeling," though, is a real classic. I LOVE love love that movie! I think your tape may be in stereo, also. Run through a stereo system, "The Changeling" has some music and sound effects that are truly creepy.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:18 pm

Penny, you are on a Halloween-bargain-roll aren't you!!!??? Kudos!! :D

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:12 am

Yeah, I find that I am on a roll, and I keep my eyes pealed as I have realized that things can pop up anywhere! Love it!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:09 am

My vampire name is

ZEDKIEL VIGEE LEBRON

Father of Vermin (hey, YOU try and raise kids in this day and age...)
Feds upon the creatures shunned by man..( well, we all have our tastes..)
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:43 pm

Yes! I'm back!

Check out this link. This guy lets you control his Halloween decorations from your computer, while watching the action on three separate webcams.
And if you feel so inclined, donate some money to a good cause.

http://www.komar.org/cgi-bin/halloween_webcam
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:24 pm

That's a cool link! I checked it out and it looks like plenty of fun, plus donations go to a good cause.

And here is a Ghost Town in Ohio...well, I believe it does have some people living in it, so whether it is technically a Ghost Town is up to debate. But it has some ghosts! And it looks like a pretty creepy place to visit......plus it has the weirdest name!

http://www.forgottenoh.com/GhostTowns/knockemstiff.html

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:29 pm

I know I mentioned a while back on this thread that I gots some good deals on some really cheesey B horror movies and stuff, anyway I picked up Return to Horror High this weekend. Heres a link to check out the trailer... for those who like cheese! LOL

http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/t ... v_id=41126

halloweengirl
Crypt Keeper

Post by halloweengirl » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:11 am

hello there everyone!!! always a pleasure.........whoa!!!i was reading practically everyone posts here and i just wanted to put down my "VAMPIRE NAME TOO!!.........I AM...............VERONIQUE LE BOURSIER,LIONESS OF THE VryKolakas,originated in greece,in the fever of the crypt..........so yeah.........kooool!!! Also i checked out the"HAUNTED MANSION"s HOLIDAY,Love the night time view, absolutey creepy,dreamy. I must see it one day in person,so lucky to all of you who have the privalage of being near those places!!!! :D , so many great posts here,I will be back to check in.......... :)
NIGHT FOLLOWS THE LONELY MOON,MORNING COMES EVER SO SOON. author halloweengirl.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:47 am

I thought it might be a good time to call attention to the works of Raymond McNally, a serious Dracula researcher who enjoyed spicing up his books with exploitation. His Dracula books are fun to read and whenever a documentary on Dracula was made, he was generally one of the people sought after for an interview. He has been called a cheeseball scholar, but he clearly enjoyed what he did. Here's a page on a CD-ROM he released some years ago...

http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/rvp/pubaf/chro ... nally.html

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:20 am

http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/spookshow.php

Here's a great review of this special DVD. This disc has such a nice package design that the cover is almost (not quite!) worth the admission price. Click the picture and you will go to the Amazon listing automatically; here you can see a larger image of the cover.

Before you purchase this, you should absolutely know that the menu is designed to be difficult to work with--you have to navigate through several pages of "haunted country" in order to find images to click on. Each image will take you to a different part of the disc. Clicking on some images will take you to little video files of no more than a second or two. Clicking on others will take you to main program material that may go on for 20-40 minutes. There is no list explaining all of this. You must become familiar with the menu and maybe make a list for yourself and keep it in the disc case! (I was about to do this myself!) This disc is all Easter eggs, if you will!

Some people say the menu reminds them of wandering through a spooky interactive haunted attraction--who knows what is behind each door??

For me, the number of weird spooky old films and trailers on the disc makes it a perfect collection of spook show goodies. There are spook show coming attractions films, musical interlude "soundies," the title film with two commentaries, a (frankly awful) cheeseball 3D monster movie, monster and Halloween home movie clips, and several shovelfuls of MORE, all of it spooky. If you watch it all, it clocks in at 3 + hours worth of stuff.

Right now, there are 34 used and new ones at Amazon starting at around $5.00. I spent twenty on mine, and it's one of my favorite discs.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:04 pm

Here is an excellent site with lots of spooky stuff to read up on. It's all about haunted places and all things ghostly. Many and varied topics for lovers of the spooky!

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/LA-GhostlyLegends.html