When?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Spooky Sam
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

When?

Post by Spooky Sam » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:03 am

HI EVERYONE! I have been reading for months, but this is my first post in a looong time! This is also the first post on this board for August! I hope everyone is having a wonderful and safe summer.

Every time I go to Wal Mart, I keep checking to see if they have stocked any Halloween stuff yet. So far, no luck. I was wondering, when do you think big box stores like Wal Mart and dollar stores will start to get their Halloween goodies in? Anybody already have any stuff around them that's not Michaels?
Do I SCARE you?

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:24 am

Hey Sam! Nice to see you back!!! I've been asking around, too and I keep hearing mid-August! Right now, Michael's is your best bet... TONS of stuff there!!!!!!!!!!! WOO-HOOOO!!!!!!!!

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:13 am

Hello Spooky Sam - good to have one more voice in the madness :D

Over in England we have Asda-Walmart, and they told me that they were getting their Halloween stuff out sometime in August.. so I'm going to keep going back every week until they have it.. and then will ransack the place :lol:

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:09 pm

Hmmm I haven't been to Walmart lately, I bet their getting their stuff out soon too... I will have to keep my eyes pealed!!! It is so hard to resist buying stuff right away... Man I want to get stuff as soon as it comes out, the only kicker is November 1st everything is at least 50% off... I stocked up last year, can't wait to dig out all my new goodies... I know I will have to make a few early season purchases though... LOL :oops: :lol: :twisted:
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:33 pm

Like Geekmidwinter, I have a "street team" that reports any Halloween goody sightings. Nothing yet but our local supermarket has big bags of candy out!!! Shouldn't be long now. :D
Don't drink and fly...

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:42 pm

i bet in another few weeks wells tart seeing stuff.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:47 am

After reading some of the post about things being out in stores yesterday I went to the Walmart on the way home in hopes of seeing a dark and gloomy seasonal section!!! Nope... I figure within the next couple of weeks though, it is all about back to school stuff now... I did by 4 gold fish, actually one is the typical orange, another is orange and black and two are like a dark grey color, I brought them home, my family wasn't there, set them up in a fish bowl and put them on one of the tables in the front room and waited for my kids to come home and discover our new editions!!! Yep they did, I told them they could each name two, but have to be halloween'ish names!!! They are undecided as of yet to what thier names will be but I am anxious to see. This weekend we are putting them in a the pond thingy we made in the back so they will have lots and lots of room to haunt!!!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:00 pm

Hi Ho Sam!! Good to have you back. What's been up with you? I've been getting a lot of top-down rides in the Magic Pumpkin, warmm weather!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Spooky Sam
Crypt Keeper

Post by Spooky Sam » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:21 am

Well, I now have two jobs, one at a grocery store and one in a new high priced cafe! I am having a lot of fun this summer and am getting in a lot of practice with my new band. Although I enjoy some nice time off, I am very excited about going into my senior year in high school. It will sure be different, but should be a lot of fun. I really can't wait until the fall/ Halloween season begins! I hope everyone is having a great summer and all is well.

Happy Hauntings :-)
Do I SCARE you?

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:46 pm

The folks at my local Target megastore said that their Halloween items will be out in mid-August.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:00 am

I believe once all of the back to school stuff is off the shelves is when they stock up for halloween. So I would assume late august at the earliest. But that should be here before we know it!
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Grizzly Giant
Ghost

Post by Grizzly Giant » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:33 pm

this is crazy to see a website dedicated to halloween like this. I've always felt dumb for getting excited about halloween in middle of july but i see i'm not the only one. I've been lookin for halloween type decor myself and my local wal-mart here in Las Vegas doesn't have anything up yet but an Albertson's right up the street, in the candy aisle have the boxes with halloween print on them, also the big bags of candy already out. Its insane bro. I can't wait!
JDM is where its at...

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:28 pm

Grizzly welcome aboard! I haven't seen any halloween candy out yet. Ill surely be in trouble when I do though

Athenagwis
Crypt Keeper

Post by Athenagwis » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:55 am

We went to Salem, MA on Saturday and I was in heaven!! They had all sorts of creepy and halloween things in the stores, I didn't buy anything this time, but since it's only an hour from us, I am sure we will be going back many times and I will be able to get my halloween fix all year long!! :) We mainly went to scope out the area before October when it's crazy busy. I even found a store that was selling these silver goblets in a velvet lined box, they were selling them for $45 and I had just bought the exact same thing at the flea market for $3, I was super excited about that!! :) :)

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:50 pm

Awesome buy Athenagwis!! I have never been to Salem MA. Do they do anything special around halloween?