Mad Monster Party!

For all your spooky, ghosty, haunted and otherwise Halloween-y television show discussions!
Dr Strange

Mad Monster Party!

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:38 pm

I don't know if this has been commented upon before but Rankin Bass' Mad Monster Party! is a family favorite at my house, except for my wife who never liked it. I bought a DVD copy a year or two ago from Deep Discount.com and am very happy with the quality. It's about feature length, and while not as good as the classic Rankin Bass Christmas shows, is a great Halloween special. My favorite part is seeing a stop motion puppet of Boris Karloff. The two main problems with are the songs, ranging from forgettable to down right annoying, and Phyllis Diller. Yikes!
If you haven't seen this just buy it, I doubt anyone on these boards will be disappointed.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:55 pm

I'll have to look into that one. Thanks, Doc!

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:15 pm

Cool! I thought for sure everyone here would have heard about this. Here's a good link that talks about the movie. Just remember who tipped you off on this thing. :wink: If you are a fan of the classic monsters (and their 60's revival) you'll love this.

http://www.horror-wood.com/party.htm

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:08 am

Mad Monster Party is a halloween classic, or at least it should be.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.