Clearence????

Discussion of general Halloween topics
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Clearence????

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:04 am

Ok so on Saturday I was all prepared to make a few last minute purchases for the party like extra cobwebs and lights...so I made a trip to target - then big lots - then garden ridge and then Walgreens. But what did I find? Halloween stuff was almost completely off the shelves and already clearenced. I was sooooo bummed!

I was planning on getting some great clearence deals today (wednesday) but most stores already sold out of everything. So there goes my plan! :(

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:52 am

i know how you feel. i went to walmart saturday morning to get some last minute party favors. they only had 1 isle (sp?) of halloween the other 6 seasonal isles of christmas. can't we get through 1 holiday 1st?
i'm not even ready to buy christmas decorations yet, but if i don't soon, they'll be sold out
trick or treat

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:55 am

Good morning! well I am totally pumped right now as I took my morning break early and headed right for Walmart... Well everything was half price and I spent $52 on really great Halloween decorations. Now there was hardly anything left but I got there just after 9:00 am so the store was just getting started. I will have to take a picture of my new editions and post a link tonight when I get home.... I just had to share.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:28 am

I understand how you all feel. It's hard to find clearance Halloween stuff these days with either it being packed up before Halloween is over or being put on clearance before then too. I'm glad you found some stuff Pennywise. Please do post what you ran across and picked up. I'd love to see... anything to help with the post-Halloween blues. :)
.:~* Even though Halloween is gone, the spirit of it still lives on *~:.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:52 am

You know, I think people bought a LOT of stuff this year--more than last year.

I went to one of the better local party supplies stores yesterday, figuring I could buy whatever little skeletons and rats they had left. I wanted to catch stuff before they had it packed away. When I got there, they had a crew of people packing up some of the big props.

The wall with the little stuff on it was being left alone...but 70% of it was GONE--as in, people bought it. I think they clearance priced it in the last week before Halloween, 50% off maybe, and folks just came and grabbed all the cool glow in the dark rats and mini neon skeletons, glow fangs and all that neat sort of trinket stuff. The wall was not totally empty but most of the stuff was gone. It looked like a picked-clean dinner, just the bones and some shreds.

kiki
Vampire

Went hunting for Clearence!

Post by kiki » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:17 am

I got up early Wed and went to Target at 8:30am and they still had a lot of stuff. But people were Snatchin and Grabbin! I got some great deals though. Skeleton table runner, crow candy dish, huge cauldron with legs, talking statue, but I'm sure by 10am it was all gone. I went to TJmax and got some cute decor. Most of the party shops didn' t have anything on sale or only a few things were. Weird! It was sad though to pack them away. I forgot Walmart darnit!
I am getting excited!!! It's getting close!

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:59 am

Forget it.
Walmart forgot you.
All of ours had the stuff gone gone gone pakced stacked and racked. They are pretty proud of themselves..it's plastic, it'll keep..and the large women the size of Sherman tanks had made off with the last of the candies BEFORE the doors were opened for 10 minutes..
Hey, I wasn't getting in their way...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Halloween71
Zombie

Post by Halloween71 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:51 pm

Hi new here but so happy to have found this forum.I know what you mean about stuff getting gone.I checked online with spencer's and they had very little.I had a 20.00 gift card I wanted to use that. I had gotten it purchasing halloween stuff.But I did manage to spend it on a new costume and other great stuff.I hit the jackpot with spirithalloween which is somewhat like spencers.I got loads of stuff for half off managed to spend 150.00 but got some gems and won't have to buy much next year .I am planning on buying something a little more expensive like a headless werewolf or something bigger in props.I ordered 2 costumes from there one for me and one for my son so now I have 2 new ones coming :twisted: I got some nice spider goblets-headless vampires and alot of other goodies.But checked yesterday and everything is gone that I ordered.glad I ordered when I did.
Halloween all year would be great.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:35 pm

Hey, you know what? I went to a couple of Big Lots stores and they had a bunch of stuff on 50% clearance...props, costume stuff, candy, a whole lot of different things. I may actually grab a little something tomorrow, like a little light-up Halloween house or something like that. You might want to check your local Big Lots store to see if they have stuff left over!

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:27 am

We were kind of lucky the week before Halloween at Kmart when they had a 40% off sale. My roommates and I found a couple of things we liked, but they were on the bottom of the displays and were missing pieces. So we asked the manager on the floor what we could could do. He said go to the checkout and let the checker know we spoke to him. We get up there and the girl looks at us like, huh?, but the manager comes by and says, "here give them the costumes for $10 each." Whoohoo. I got a $30 costume for $10!!

I'm sure that was a one time thing, but yeah, I was happy. Oh, the only thing that killed it was almost all of the Halloween stuff was gone and I could see the millions of aisles of Christmas down the way. Sheesh!! Let me enjoy my one month of spookies, okay?!?!?
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:24 pm

Yeah, they didn't do it that way back in the 70's as I recall. They did Halloween in the stores allllllll the way through October, and focused on it. Then there was a recovery period of a week or so before you saw anything resembling Christmas stuff.

Jeez, if I could have a picture of what the Toys-R-Us Halloween aisle looked like in the mid-70's. All these incredible Halloween decorations, record albums, costumes, makeup, whatnots. Everything displayed beautifully. I thought that was a high point of the culture because there was this great blend of low tech and high tech--we had paper decorations and other primitive things, plus makeup kits that ranged from the very simple to the technically innovative. We have great stuff nowadays but it's not as cool as the stuff from back then, I think.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:59 pm

yep 70% off at fred myers.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:23 am

Hiya, I have to share my purchase of this weekend. I didn't spend much $14.89 in total but I got both a Freddy Kruger outfit (mask, shirt and glove) and a Jason outfit (Mask and machete) I was totally pumped. They were marked way down like 75% off. I am totally saving them for next year un opened and everything!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:12 am

Oh I gots some great deals last night. I was going into the Superstore for a few groceries and I always like to browse through the sesaonal things...anyway hiding in a corner was a rack of Halloween costumes and all the costumes were marked $1.00. These costumes were regular 14.95 - $16.95 so I ended up buy like 8 different costumes. Red Power Ranger, Dash (The Incrediables), Witch, fairy, purple Cape, Black Cape, gothic princess. Some of these costumes will just be for my tickle trunk for the kids but I will save a few for next Halloween. :twisted: Anyway it was great and I ran out of extra money, I am going there today in hopes of finding a few more little things. It was obvious they just wanted to get the stuff out of there so I was totally taking advantage! Jack Pot!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:34 am

OOOOOO more stuff! wow it must be my lucky week. I just got back from my break and I went to the superstore again and I spent $43 and change. Thing were so low it was almost ashame. They just wanted someone to take the stuff I think. I got a few more costumes including one of those blow up sumo wrestler ones for only a dollar which was regular $24.99 and a wack of candles, skulls, masks, wigs, axes (toy ones), makeup, wings, garland, dog costumes (spiderman, mickey mouse and a ballerina one), 20 pair of socks, and on and on my truck is jam pack and I am not joking. I have a Chrysler Intrepid and those trunks are not small. ANyway I just wanted to share my excitment... you should of seen the looks on peoples faces when I pulled up to the cash register with two over flowing carts of Halloween treats. LOL