What's up for Halloween 2007?

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
kevin
Crypt Keeper

What's up for Halloween 2007?

Post by kevin » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:08 am

Alright, in my other post I described the woes I had this year, but mostly pretty fun and for the most part things turned out alright.

I am thinking the high output 1200watt fogger for $60 shipped was a super cheap unit, because it gave out so fast. So, for next year, I am sorta thinking a 1700watt high end pro model.. about $300 or so. Just depends on money throughout the year, but if possible either a good Chauvet or Ansari unit.

Also love to get a few more tombstones done. I the next few days I think I'll put together some good ones. Double-thick styrofoam with a wood base and PVC frame inside. Sand them down, put good lettering and so forth. We'll see though.

Definitely want to get more powerful black lights. Since I ordered two mountable light frames with brackets, if I can find better balcklights to fit them, I'll do that.

It was windy this year too, so even if my fogger worked, it was really blowing away too quick to be very effective. If at all possible, I want to play/build with a PC fan or two and some extra ducting with a high output fogger to see if I can route it around the path and grass areas through a couple of tubes instead of just one.

I would love to get a full sized coffin, but I have no where to store it. I was thinking if I could do that, I would get in it and scare people. But sadly we don't get a lot of kids.. maybe 50 or so over a 3 hour period. I wish we had hundreds! But I amthinking a new costume is in order. Been this one for three years now. If I paint my face red, I'll look like the sith lord.. or the devil. That's what I should be, a really good siniser devil!

So what about you all?

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:18 am

You are my kind of man...already thinking about Halloween 2007!! We had a really good time, but I too had a little trouble with the fogger timer. Worked great on the manual mode, but that's a pain. Neighborhood kids pre-TOT party was a big hit, almost the whole street showed up, it was fun. The bad news is, back to work for me tomorrow :cry: (been off for 9 days). Oh well, it was fun. On to 2007!!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:59 am

Oh yes Halloween 2007 here we come. This year was rainy and gloomy for Halloween so hopefully next year will be sunny with crisp cool air.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:14 am

i already started planning.
i'm gonna get the inflatable haunted house. and my backyard is so huge (you can fit 2 houses on it) that i'm gonna set up a haunted yard
i need to start drawing up sketches of what i want
trick or treat

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:12 am

I do that Rosie... I start jotting down ideas and then sketch them out. They don't usually end up exactly like I draw out but it's a great starting point for me. Being as I don't know yet if I'll be living where I am now by Halloween next year I will have to keep any planning I do to a generalized area that could work with anyplace. I am glad that I have you guys to still talk to to help with the withdrawls from Halloween!
.:~* Even though Halloween is gone, the spirit of it still lives on *~:.

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:31 am

For me last halloween was a huge disapointment. I didn't plan my party far enough in advance, so we had to get a lot done in such little time and only 2 people showed up. So I started making plans for this halloween right away. I've been jotting down ideas on MS paint, keeping lists of ideas for decoration, websites, reminders ect. I've also discussed hosting a party with a friend, but I feel it's still too early to seriously get into it. We have easter coming up and we should focus on one holiday at a time.
Serial Thread Killer.

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:58 pm

Well I haven't posted for a while, sorry been really busy. I have a good excuse for my being busy that I think you will accept. I had to travel to pick up my HEARSE! Yes a real, honest to goodness, Hearse. It has some damage, but we will be working on it and have it ready in time for Halloween this year, hopefully. I'm still debating on a theme. Last years was a restaurant for creatures, spiders, zombies, etc. I pretended to sneak people in the backdoor. Lame I know. Anyway. That's all for now. More later when I come up with a theme or more ideas.
I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up.
I'm not weird, just normal challenged.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:19 pm

deadbride, that is FABULOUS!!! What a great Halloween "accesory"! Very Cool 8)

Mrs. Barnabas Collins
Zombie

Post by Mrs. Barnabas Collins » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:33 am

wow how cool . a person one town over from us has one too. they fog the inside a little then a little light and have creppy ghouls looking out the windows and one of them is alive a guy dressed up . scared the heck out of us. we had our nose right up to the windows looking in.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:32 pm

For me it's a return to Mill Ave in Tempe, a club street filled with costumed adults.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:47 am

You know, I've always wanted to do Halloween in a bigger city, where people get dressed up and either have a parade, or just a big street party atmosphere...another Halloween dream!