Chocolate Fountain

Share your recipes and cooking tips!

Chocolate Fountain

Postby The Dentist on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:48 am

This year we did a chocolate fountain for the kids on Christmas Day. It was great and ALL the kids seemed to enjoy it. We gave them marshmallows, oreos, pretzels, strawberries, and christmas cookies to "dip" into the fountain. They had so much fun and it wasn't that messy. We purchased the fountain and Target and it wasn't pricey at all, I think around $30, I am sure they can get really expensive but for family or parties this was PERFECT. They have chocolate chunks that you get for the fountain but they also have directions if you choose to use other types of chocolate. Of course we knew it was time to shut it down when the kids got out straws and started drinking from the fountain. The great thing was that you can put the parts in the dishwasher!
The Dentist

Re: Chocolate Fountain

Postby Terrylee5151 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:04 am

I had thought about getting a chocolate fountain, but for me it is easier just to use a fondue bowl with a candle under it. Those fountains would be great for a party, but then if you have messy guests they could get chocolate all over the place.

I will probably get one if I find them on clearance somewhere. Glad to hear the kids had so much fun with it
Terrylee5151

Postby The Dentist on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:50 am

I like the fondu bowl too but the chocolate fountain was really cool. Just watching the kids eyes light up when they saw the fountain pouring with chocolate was priceless. It really wasn't that bad leaning up, just rinsed everything and put it in the dishwasher. We had a specific spot for the fountain and everyone followed the rules by using paper plates and keeping it clean. Check Target and Wal Mart for clearance.
The Dentist

Postby Terrylee5151 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:32 pm

LOL.....my eyes would light up too, if I had chocolate pouring out of a fountain. I love chocolate!!
Terrylee5151

Return to Holiday Recipes