What do you hand out to TOT's?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

What do you hand out to TOT's?

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:57 pm

What does everyone hand out to trick-or-treaters?

I used to do candy but last year I switched it up and added some juiceboxes the HiC makes in Halloween packaging. I think I may do that again this year. Of course I always have candy with the juice. It seemed to go over pretty well.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:10 pm

Last year we gave out the mini chocolate bars (smarties, Kit Kats, Coffee Crisp etc...) but we only got like 2 kids... more for us. I did get bars on purpose though as I remember being a kids TOT'ing and too many people use to give out chips and being more of a chocolate person... I always savored the little bit of bars I did get. My parents still give out chips though...
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:42 pm

I'm doing tons of different chocolate bars. Snickers, Twix, Reeses cups, Butterfingers, Junior Mints, Junior Caramels, Charleston Chew, Baby Ruths, Milky Ways, plus Smarties and peanut butter chew things. I want enough that for the few TOT'ers I get, I can give them candy by the handfuls. Plus I found the cutest Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown chewy fruit snacks in little Halloween packages, like 48 to a box, so that works too.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:45 pm

JUNIOR MINTS....yummy I wish I got those when I went Trick or treating
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:20 pm

We are giving out treat bags that I made up last night. They include a small container of bubbles, a sticky bat on a sticky string, two spider rings (one orange and one black), plus fun sizes of each of these: starburst (1 pkg of two), skittles (1 pkg), tootsie roll (a few pieces, like one lolipop and several mini tootsies), and a half-sized kit-kat.

That's pretty cool I think.

Today I got the shock of my life when my husband asked how many kids we can expect and someone told him a hundred!!! I made up 40 gift bags and thought that I would in no way use all of them, but now I have to go to the store tonight and get stuff to make a bunch more! hah hah. If we only get a few kids it will sure mean lots of candy eating by us.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:54 pm

I always gave out a can of soda...orange or rootbeer. If you buy a store brand it is actually cheaper than candy, and I figure with all the sugar they get that night, a little more to wash it all down ....won't kill them.

I also give out candy, but I hardly get any kids here cause of my location, so I make up for it with what I give the kids who come to the Halloween party, which I listed what was in their treatbags on another thread with a picture of them. :D

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:08 pm

I love your alls ideas...evilme I am sooooo jealous if you get all those trick-or-treaters. We tried one year to do some of the toys like you did....but we didnt make actual treat bags. It went over well.

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:41 pm

I made up the rest of the treat bags tonight (80 total). I bet you that we get fewer than 20 TOTers! I'dl kill that lady from my husband's office who told him we'd get over a hundred. hah hah.

I mean having some candy around afterwards is one thing but I am completely covered up in treat bags and candy at the moment.

pink bat
Ghost

Post by pink bat » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:30 am

We give out a mix of toys and candy, though this year we are adding bags of chips. As for how many TOTS you will get ...it all depends on your location. We moved 2 years ago to a house on the corner of a busy street. And I decorate like crazy..So with that combo We went from around 30 to 128 the first year and last year in the pouring rain we got 96....A friend of mine one block over got Two !!!! yes .... Two ... Tots
...and the Moon reminds me of.... cheese

Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Post by Bafa » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:04 am

MIxed mini-candy bars, nerds, sweeties, tootsie rolls, and other grab sized stuff. We let em grab a big handfull or two depending on how bussy it looks like its going to be.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:41 am

real simple.
I have a bunch of totitos and a bunch of candy bars, I hold them out and say:"Take your pick.."
Geez, glad you guys REMINDED me...gotta get the severed head out and the microwave and the plum sauce..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:49 am

candy candy candy candy
and popcorn balls. yes i'm THAT HOUSE, but i just love popcorn balls
trick or treat

Willow
Vampire

Post by Willow » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:00 am

Hi,
I usually get around 100 kids as well. When i started a couple of year ago I made chocolate pumpkin lollies with choc molds, but now there are too many children to take all that time, so i make marzipan pumpkins, I colour the marzipan, role in balls, mark the segments, then add green stalks. Then place three in a small clear party bag add a ribbon. They are fast to make and a box of marzipan goes really far!

I also bake cookies using halloween cutters and place in bags ect.

I would like to try caramel apples this year, see if i have time though as iam at college now.

here are some pictures of my treats

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p150 ... treats.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p150 ... ake006.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p150 ... ake014.jpg

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:21 am

so it seems that over in the UK home made treats are still good to hand out. wish we could do that here. not that we can't, but it'll get thrown right out
trick or treat

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:28 am

Yeah I have to admit when my children bring homemade stuff home or apples they go in the garbage. I hate to do it but you always hear about those crazy stories about razor blades and poison... I am sure it rarely happens but still, I can't risk it, it really is too bad becuase personally I love home made stuff....only I have to know who made it... :cry: