speed racer helmet

Chat about your costumes
oopsi8abug
Ghost

speed racer helmet

Post by oopsi8abug » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:20 am

Hi All,

My boyfriend and I are trying to come up with a good couple costume. We are considering Speed Racer and Trixie. I think I can do all of it except his helmet. I haven't been able to find the right style.

I was thinking that I'd try making one but can't decide how to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!
"Curiosity is the cure for boredom. There is no cure for curiosity." -Dorothy Parker

mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:48 pm

Well perhaps im showing my age but I dont really know who the speed racer and trixie are...

But I did a google on them is this it ?

http://www.adweek.com/aw/images/best_sp ... 6_bs06.jpg

Isnt it just a motorcycle helmet? Or perhaps more like a baseball helmet that batters wear? If you could find one and paint it white then you should be set.

oopsi8abug
Ghost

Post by oopsi8abug » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:10 pm

Yes, it is a motorcycle helmet that he's wearing. I haven't been able to find one that's the right shape. That's why I was asking if anyone had any ideas about how to make one.

Thanks for the suggestion.
"Curiosity is the cure for boredom. There is no cure for curiosity." -Dorothy Parker

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:07 pm

I would hit up every second-hand and thrift store in your neighborhood. You're bound to find an older motorcycle helmet, then just spray paint it white and put a red "M" on the front.
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:12 pm

I actually saw a Speed Racer costume at the Spirit Halloween store today.

Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Post by Bafa » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:44 pm

Paper mache? (sp?) i know it wouldn't be as shiney as it should be, but maybe you can find a way around that. That's the best way i can think to get it to look like it should without spending a fortune on a actual helmet.