A trick-or-treat TERROR

Discussion of general Halloween topics
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

A trick-or-treat TERROR

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:17 pm

So another persons post made me think of this terrible memory.

I was about 5 or 6 years old and was dressed as belle from beauty and the beast that year. I went to my grandparents after school and waited for my mom to get home so I could go trick-or-treating. She finally came home and I got dressed and headed down the street. I was getting some good candy and all excited at the creepy decorations. Then we get to this one house - I knocked and a woman came out with her basket for trick-or-treaters. And guess what was inside.......

A TOOTHBRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was mortified. I thought I had done something wrong that year and didn't deserve to get candy. I was only 5 and felt like santa had left me coal on christmas morning. I was so upset I started crying. The woman felt bad so she got me some sugar free gum from her purse. It turned out the woman's husband was a dentist so they had a ton of free toothbrushes and felt that promoting good brushing habits was a good idea. Needless to say - they never handed out toothbrushes again.

LadyLestat
Vampire

Post by LadyLestat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:20 pm

OH MY FREAKING GOD!!! You have got to be joking!!! Who would do that to someone!?!?!?!?! :cry:
" A true poet is of the Devil's party." - William Blake

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:37 pm

When I was growing up the dentist around the corner from my house gave every kid a tooth brush and an apple.....LOL

autumn
Vampire

Post by autumn » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:34 pm

LOL! I started cracking up reading your post! Im sorry!! That just sounds so funny. But at the same time, its not :lol: You are right, its like Santa leaving coal in your stocking.

Spooky Sam
Crypt Keeper

Post by Spooky Sam » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:39 pm

HAHAHA! Today my friend was like, "You know what really sucks? When people hand out toothbrushes instead of candy on Halloween!"
Do I SCARE you?

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:17 pm

You poor girl...I'm sure it traumatized you!!! Your story made me chuckle! :lol:

Boo
Master Reaper

Toothbrush

Post by Boo » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:04 am

Just out of interest. Was the woman wearing a black pointey hat, holding a broomstick, and did she have a black cat twisting around her ankles?
The steeples are white in the wild moonlight,
And the trees have a silver glare;
Past the chimneys high see the vampires fly,
And the harpies of upper air,
That flutter and laugh and stare.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:00 pm

Oh lord you guys make me laugh.....no she was just a normal old woman. They had kids that were all grown up so I dont think they understood the importance of candy to a kid anymore.

Looking back it just makes me laugh and reminds me never to give out a toothbrush.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:12 am

What a cruel, humorless person!! I would give out candy toothbrushes for revenge. I used to hate it when people handed out change, pennies, nickels and dimes. Seriously, use the change jar to go buy some mary janes or black and orange peanut butter thingys, at LEAST!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:39 am

Now you know how my kid felt the year the reilgious fanatic gave him a Catholic church card with FIGHTING MICHAEL stabbing a dragon to death. (And it was an old school reprint...we're talking vivid rich colors and flowing blood..) Now, he had at LEAST a warning this was gonna be a doufus call as they were playing spooky church music on the way in and there were ANGELS from the Christmas display on the lawn...but it also made me wonder if those people who 'witnessed for Jesus Christ using Chick tracts' got THEIR houses egged back to the Stone Age for their efforts..or, if, like me, the recpients found them just so FREAKY they actually looked forward to seeing what new paranoia they brewed up every year...
But yeah, I can see how getting the tooth brush would bring you down...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future