Has anybody ever read . . .

Discussion of general Halloween topics
thislazylife
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Has anybody ever read . . .

Post by thislazylife » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:07 pm

. . . "The Hallowen Tree" by Ray Bradbury? I discovered it as a first grader in the library of the catholic school I attended as a kid. I still like to read it every year, it's such a great book. A few years ago my sister managed to track down a first edition hardback copy, brought it to a Ray Bradbury book signing and had him autograph it for me.
Needless to say, it's my prized Halloween possession.
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:24 pm

That is sooooo very cool.
Bradbury is one of the reasons I am what I am today. Seriously.
I found his collection in Grade 3 "S is for Space"..and was never the same..I wound up hunting down all the burned books he mentioned in THE PILLAR OF FIRE, that Halloween story about the dead guy who comes back from the last graveyard on earth. THE EXILES with Edgar Allen Poe on Mars, trying to fight off the earthmen was the same sort of thing. And I discovered it was alright to dig Halloween, just like the kids in TIME IN THY FLIGHT did.
HALLOWEEN TREE I read later...but stiil love..for the season, it's usually THE OCTOBER COUNTRY..there's a neat neat article he did for PLAYBOY where he spells out his idea for a T.V. special the networks would NEVER let him do, that has some of the ideas of HALLOWEEN TREE in it..
He also got me curious about silent movies...he's a major fan of PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Don't miss DEATH IS A LONELY BUSINESS..another Halloween fave for me..a murder mystery he did a few years ago.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

SappySwami
Zombie

Post by SappySwami » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:08 am

Ray Bradbury is my idol, and I own almost all of his books. I need to find my Halloween Tree book, it's in some box from the move...

The October Country is one I read every October. In fact, most years I don't even touch the computer in October, and instead devote the month to Bradbury stories and Lugosi films.

It's nice to be around other October People, isn't it?

William
Haunt Master

Post by William » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:26 am

Can i find it on the net i mean electronic? I really wish to reatit it sound's great
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care