Invitations

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
kiki
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Invitations

Post by kiki » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:37 pm

Anyone have any good/ clever ideas for invitaions? I like homemade, not store bought. And easy and or cheap i am just about over budget for party.
I am getting excited!!! It's getting close!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:20 pm

3 years ago I was having a Halloween party and I wanted to have a different style of invitation. I had went to a near by ocean front beach that had tons of rocks and beach drift wood. I made an afternoon of it and went on a beach hunt. I gathered up a bundle of old dried drift wood and some cool stones and brought them home. Cleaned them up and for some I carved just a date into the wood. The wood being old and from the beach was very rustic looking, some where in chunks, some looked like vampire steaks. Not one of my invitations looked the same so some were painted completely, some partial, some looked as if it had just stabbed somebody with the red paint dried on the "steak" in droplets. They weren't too fancy but very orginal. For the rocks I tide a peice of packing twine around them with a off white paper torn and burned at the edges and the date written on the paper. Now when I went to deliever the invites I would leave it on their door steps or in their mail boxes, bring it to their work and live it at the front desk etc.... for them to find it themself or have someone else deliever it. Now my friends pretty much new it was me as I am the only one that really has a halloween party so they new the date and the place (my place) and showed up the evening assigned... Nothing to fancy just a little quirky twist on things to spice things up.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

kiki
Vampire

Invites!

Post by kiki » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:59 pm

Thanks you inspire me!
I am getting excited!!! It's getting close!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:45 pm

We make up a poem and print it on the computer using Halloween themed printer paper. For 2006:

"We're so happy, we could scream!
Why? Because it's Halloween!

Our crypt is ready, it looks a fright,
join your fellow ghouls for a bite.

Fun and food and witches brew
Are all here waiting just for you.

October 28th, mark that Saturday night,
A full moon is ordered to make it bright.

Wear your costume, and don't be late!
Bewitching hour is at eight."

We try and write our own little ditties for all of our get-togethers. Our friends enjoy them :D

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:19 am

What a cute poem MHooch!!!!

I myself am still fiddling around with invite ideas....DARN it is getting to late in the month. I think you can always get creative with a computer....try scoungering up some things on M. Word. It all depends on how crafty you are!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:19 am

I love your poem Mhooch! very clever.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:32 pm

Hi Kiki! Here is a description of the invitations I did this year, please feel free to use any of these ideas!

I went to the local paper shop and got some orange and black thick paper, some sparkly black card, some gold shiny card and some long orange envelopes. I cut out the black card into long rectangles, and the orange card in a smaller rectangle to stick on top so there was a border. I then scored the card in half so it could be folded into a greeting card and stood on the mantle when the recipient gets it. I cut some circular moons out of the mirrored card and stuck one on each invite, then cut some bats out of the sparkly card and stuck them on with those little adhesive foam squares you get from craft stores so they were 3D. I wrote the recipient's name in gothic writing on the front and made either a ghost or a cat or some other embellishment for each one to make them individual.

On the inside I stuck a poem I had written on the computer, and on the back I wrote directions and signed it with my name and a little ink stamp of a witch flying a broomstick. I used the same stamp on the back of the envelope to seal it.

The poem I wrote for the inside was:

"On the 28th of October, 7:30 at night
I am hosting a party of devilish delight.
With punch and a feast that's fit for the dead,
But please do feel free to add to the spread!
The guests will be dressed in costumes to revere,
If you do not fancy dress, thou should not appear!
A prize for the best shall be awarded to some,
So I invite you, dear friend, to join in the fun.
At Winter Manor this ghoulish gathering is due,
For directions, a map on the back is your clue.
We hope thee will attend and join in the glee
Of our very special, very spooky, happy Halloween!"

It seemed to go down well! :P