another decorating idea

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
glamourme
Ghost

another decorating idea

Post by glamourme » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:47 pm

After last Halloween, my mom gave me a stack of her old "Women's World" magazines that you buy at the grocery register and I found a great idea in it. It looks like little ghosts playing "ring around the rosey." I figure it will look cute in the daylight and just eerie enough at night with a black light on it. The pix looks impressive but sounds easy.

Take garden stakes and put them in a circle, about 3 feet apart. Secure a blown-up balloon to the top of each stake. Cover each balloon with cheesecloth, then wire or thread the side of each little ghost to its neighbor to look like they're holding hands.

I can't wait.

mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:50 pm

I have seen this before - very neat!! Although I figured it would be hard to construct. I saw in one persons yard one year a hay stack with two legs hanging out the top - configured by some wire or something. Lookeed like a kid jumped right in - it was TOO adorable.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:37 pm

glamourme, First of all, Welcome! I don't think I've introduced myself to you yet :D Welcome to our spooky little corner of the web, be sure to check out all the threads, you'll find lots of wonderful stuff in them :D

thank-you for posting about the Ghost Ring Around the Rosie. I've never seen one, but I heard about it somewhere on this site I think when I first joined? But you are the first one to explain how to create it, so thank-you. Now if any of us wants to make one-we know how, thanks a Million! 8) :wink:

Looking forward to talking with you more. :D

NATUREPIXIE
Crypt Keeper

Post by NATUREPIXIE » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:00 pm

That's a great little idea and doesn't look like it would cost mush at all to do this.. Thanks for sharing!

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:30 pm

A different version of the same idea.

Balloons will probably give you better-shaped heads.

I saw one in a yard where the ghosts were dancing around a small fir tree. Very cute.

Athenagwis
Crypt Keeper

Post by Athenagwis » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:08 pm

I saw this in someone's yard last year and was gong to try it this year. I like the balloons, not sure if that's how they did it, but I think that would give you the best shape. The one I saw didn’t have anything tied around the necks and they didn’t have eyes, and I believe they used white cotton instead of cheesecloth, but they looked pretty darned cool. There is a house that is right on the highway that goes all out for all the holidays, I love driving by it.

Rachel