Hey One Eyed Jack

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Hey One Eyed Jack

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:07 pm

What is the story behind that character?
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:40 pm

The Story, huh?

Gimme a sec........

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:02 pm

Ya good question NOS! This will be awesome to hear, just look who its coming from :wink:

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:05 pm

What is this story going to be about? I luv to hear it please! :D

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:08 am

OEJ, lovin' the new avatar of OEJ! :lol:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:17 am

I want to know, cause I want to know what similarities it has with a character I created for future use named Man Pumpkin.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:00 am

It was a dank and bitter night under that brazen late-October moon, All Hallow’s Eve, 1862. The air was thick with salt. Death seemed to loom around every corner of ‘Isla Del Maldecido’. It was the most foreboding night the rogues and wenches of that wicked pirate haven could remember in ten life times. Some said the Moon was so full and bright it would surely open its mouth and swallow the island whole. Others drank themselves half dead while singing songs of killing foes, loving women and owning everything as far as the eye could see. The one thing everyone did seem to agree upon, whether he or she spoke the words, or not, it felt as though the Sun would never rise again.

Now, ‘Bloody’ Capt. Malcolm Drabbin was the most pernicious and blood thirsty wretch on the land or on the sea. It was said that he had killed his own Mother in a dispute over a single doubloon. Most took this story at its word and never questioned its authenticity. However, one day after suffering a two week period of the doldrums, a swab on Drabbin’s Ship, little Timmy Walker, who was believed to be around the age of nine asked the Captain if the story of his Mother was true. Drabbin, a towering man of over seven feet in height, breathed a painful sigh. Those who were in earshot of the question, paused with anticipation that the truth would finally be known. Yet, in what seemed to be a single movement; an act that made the most hardened mans knees quiver, Drabbin clutched the child’s head in his monstrous hand as though it were a melon, tore the young lads tongue from his mouth and swiftly threw him overboard. That was the last time anyone asked Drabbin about anything.

Drabbin’s ship, The Bloody Siren, stood in the north harbor of the island bursting with riches and goods from its latest plunder. The handsome three massed Man-of-war was filled with gold, silver and brass, potatoes, grain and, of course, pumpkins that would surely see the islands inhabitants through the coming winter months. Drabbin believed the pumpkin was truly a gift from the netherworld and he who ate of its fruit would surely be protected from both, the wrath of the God of Abraham as well as from Lucifer, the dark Angel. On this night of nights, Captain Drabbin chose for him, the largest and most succulent from the cornucopia of goods and sheltered himself away from all the nights’ festivities. He cut a hole in the top of the vegetable and lustfully tore away its crown. He began to gorge himself with its slick and poignant fruit, spitting forth these words…,

*“I have given myself to magic, to see if the spirit may grant me to know, through it faults and its voice, full many a secret. That it may spare the sour swear sweat I used to pour out in talking of that, which I knew nothing about. May grant me to know what it is the girds the world together in its inmost being, that the seeing its whole germination… the seeing its workings… may end my traffic in words.
“Oh, could’st thou, light of the full moon, look now thy last upon my pain…. Thou for whom I have sat so many a belated midnights here, and waited till, over books and papers, thou did’st shine, sad friend, upon my brow… Come then, even if it prove my death!...”*

Drabbin gutted the giant vegetable and swore that he would, hence forth, “fill this shell with every beating heart from every man, woman and child that I take from this earth, till the end of my days, that I may live through their souls, forever!”
Suddenly, a crash of light, so brilliant, splashed upon the island it blinded all the scum of life, thereon. Drabbin, being the first and foremost.

There, standing before Drabbin, in all his pain and glory was Death, himself, writhing in all the world’s disgust and remorse. Dark, shrouded horror, he spoke these words….
“You will be the last, Drabbin, therefore you will suffer the longest. Each of the souls residing on this hell of earth will accompany you in this shell you have made. It is a simple plant and each year it is sown and it is reaped. Each of your thousand souls will live through this shell every year, one by one till all your souls are banished from this world. I, myself will carve the face through which all of you shall live, and I will only carve one eye so that no two souls can live and see at one time, assuring a solid one thousand years that you will have to suffer in the confines. I will give this shell a soul of its own to watch over all of you. You will live through him and there will be no escape.”

Death raised his scythe before his hollowed head and all the bodies of ‘Isla Del Maldecido’, The Island of the Damned, fell in ungainly sprawls to the ground. The lights of all the souls began shooting forth from their now lifeless corpses to the lantern that Death, himself carved. Once all the souls had been gathered, Death raised the lantern above his head and said, “You are ‘One Eye’d Jack’! You will rise and you will fall, every year as is your nature and with every life you live, you will see to it that each soul therein witnesses the pain and suffering he or she caused in their own pathetic lifetime.

And that is the story of One Eye’d Jack. Each year, in the fall he rises to release yet another damned soul from ‘Isla Del Maldecido’. Each year releasing a soul more evil than the last until the final soul, that of ‘Bloody’ Capt. Malcolm Drabbin is risen to do Death’s bidding.

“I am One Eye’d Jack and I am the one hundredth and forty fourth soul from ‘Isla Del Maldecido’. Happy Halloween!

*Written by Johann Wolfgang Von Geothe; Exerpt from Faust*

(Disclaimer: Mathew Wallis wrote this story using Microsoft ‘Word’ on June 27, 2007. The date has been encrypted into the text and therefore Mathew Wallis is the copyright holder by default. Any unauthorized duplication or reference to the story of or character of One Eye’d Jack is in violation of applicable laws.)

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:46 am

Alright OEJ,A.K.A. Capt.Drabbin, just how many other hidden talents do you have up in that pumpkin head of yours anyways! Holy, can you write, very profound I might add. You know what, when I first started reading it, it was like being taken into one of Anne Rices Novels, Made me think of places I only thought of from Interview with a Vampire, up until I felt like I was then in a Pirates Movie again. :lol:

Well you sure are a man of many talents there Jack Drabbin, how do you like that nickname,hehehe :lol: :wink: Anyways, very impressive!!! :D

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:57 am

Thanks DOD!!! I'm never really sure of what I've got til someone confronts me with something.
Not bad for a nights work, eh? In all modesty, of course. :lol:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:09 am

You know, I have to thank you, NOS! This gives me a great idea for my next sculpy project!!!

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:17 am

Right on man. maybe some day i'll let ya'll in on the origin of The Man Pumpkin.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:54 am

PUMP-KIN MAN!
PUMP-KIN MAN!
PUMP-KIN MAN!

C'mon, NOS.... Tit for tat, eh? Let's hear it!

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:31 pm

Without copyright protection, I have to seriously think it over first.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:03 am

OEJ, that is an absolutley RIVETING story :shock: !!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:27 pm

Thank you, MammaHooch! That means a lot coming from you.