Scary Signs

What crafts are fun for the holiday season?
BlackCat
Haunt Master

Scary Signs

Post by BlackCat » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:32 pm

I've been working on some scary signs for HAlloween. I took some old wood that is all weather beaten, which I thought was perfect, and burned "Beware" and stuff like that. I made a few of them and some I painted blood specks foe a creep effect.

I also took some wood to make a "Happy Halloween" sign. I used some wood stain that I had from a previous project and I used a glue gun to leaves and ribben on the top.

For all the signs I put two small nails on the back and wrapped some wire that I found at a craft store. This way I can hang the creepy ones outside and the country ones inside. They turned out very well and were so easy and fun to make.

CreepyCrawler
Ghost

Post by CreepyCrawler » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:29 pm

That's a great idea! I would like to try that myself. I am not good with tools and crafts though. I'd like to hang a spooky Beware of the Dog sign, for my toy poodle Rex. I'm sure that would get a laugh.

skullychick
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by skullychick » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:36 am

The signs are a cute idea for inside too!, like for parties make signs for the different rooms you wanna have, like laboratory for the kitchen, & dundgeon for the basement 8)
When there's no more room in Hell,thedeadwill walk the Earth.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:51 am

That's a good idea skullychick. I usually have little country type ones inside that I paint pumpkins on and stuff. I like the idea of labeling the rooms with them though. Thanks!

KellyJK
Ghost

Post by KellyJK » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:37 pm

amazing post :D:)

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:04 am

A really easy and very cute way to make luminaries: brown paper lunch sacks, draw a picture (ghost, arched cat, pumpkin, etc.) or print words (beware, don't go in there, turn back, etc.) and then put a peice of heavy cardboard or foamboard inside the bag and cut out the letters or pictures with an exacto knife. (an adult job) Then glue a peice of orange tissue paper inside the bag to cover the letters/picture. Some sand (we use cat litter) in the bottom to hold the tealight, and presto...a cute luminary. I usually spell out the phrases with one word on each bag: don't...go...in...there! Looks great at dusk along the sidewalk.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:29 pm

That sounds so cute! What a great idea!

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:57 am

For one of my parties a couple of years ago I made up little scrolls with various superstions on each one. I taped them around the house for people to look at through out the night. I also made signs like "ghost x-ing" and "dead end" and "free broom parking" and so on. With each sign I had props/decorations that went along with the sign.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:20 am

That sounds so creative and fun. I would love to do something like that, but I don't know if we are having a Halloween party this year. My boyfriends job is transferring him Oct 1st. So looks like we will be moving pretty quick here.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:30 pm

BlackCat...even if you can't host a party, get dressed up and go out on the town. Good luck with the move!

Evan
Vampire

Post by Evan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:47 pm

Sounds creative.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:16 am

Hello, I'm new here. It's actually my first time one, could someone help me out? How do I get to the forum where you can talk and post about Lemax SpookyTown Villages and Department 56?

^v^ Kelly ^v^

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:25 pm

Welcome Dutchess of Darkness. I have read many posts on the Dept 56 houses. PErsonally I haven't seen them myself only online but I think where I read about it was in the General section. I wouldn't bother searching out the topic just start a new thread there. I think the button is up near the top left hand side called New Topic. Enjoy!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:48 pm

Thank-You Pennywise11, I'll do just that, Start a new topic when I have a chance. This is such a great site, I thought I was doomed to silence when it comes to wanting to talk about Halloween related stuff outside of September & October, it's great to find like minded spirits :)

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Re: Scary Signs

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:23 pm

Do you have any pictures?
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon