And so it begins...

Talk about movies, television shows and music!

And so it begins...

Postby Santa Sam on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:37 pm

Well I was just flipping through channels and what do I see on TBS Superstation? The animated How the Grinch Stole Christmas! I really can't believe it was on this early!

So, I expect more Holiday movies to be coming very soon! So exciting!
You'll know the way I'm feeling when you love and you lose. I guess I've got the Christmas Blues...
Santa Sam

Postby Dudley on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:01 am

Well, you gotta figure that Wal Mart and the other retailers are into high gear, and there are NOT that many more weekends until the big day. So after a weekend of being in the shoppers mosh pit, you want to come home and decompress and see something that will put you back in the right mood.

What better then THE GRINCH?

Are there any other stars OTHER then Boris Karloff who have gone from Halloween to Christmas as well??
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby Santa Sam on Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:11 am

Karloff's amazing. He literally was in almost all of the horror/ scifi movies of his era therefore he deserves the right to be in a Christmas film, or any other film for that matter! But what a great relation between the shopping and the Grinch! Sure is tru, isn't it! :)
You'll know the way I'm feeling when you love and you lose. I guess I've got the Christmas Blues...
Santa Sam

Postby Dudley on Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:18 am

the man is positive proof that nice guys can finish first.

Ironic: at halloween, I mentioned his name and drew a big blank. so I said:"Voice of the Grinch and narrator of the show."

The person didn't even have to think twice;"..ohhh...."

Tonight, it continues...TBS has:

HOME ALONE, GRINCH, WIZARD OF OZ...
Dudley

Postby GreenElf on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:55 pm

Yeah I just finished watching Home Alone on TBS with my son. I have to say I have been watching holiday stuff all weekend! Last night I stayed up real late and watched The Ref, boy I forgot how funny that one is! I loved the part when Kevin Spacey freaks and starts hitting the Christmas tree saying "Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, excuse em"...oh there is a lot a laughs in that one for me.... I can't help myself... :lol:
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby MHooch on Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:33 pm

GreenElf...The Ref is one of my FAVES!!! Nobody else I know likes that movie, but I think it is ABSOLUTELY hilarious. My favorite part is when they are all sitting around the table with the candle wreaths on their heads. I'm gonna go rent it tomorrow.... Dennis Leary is one of my all time fave comedians!
MHooch

Postby GreenElf on Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:12 pm

Yeah the dinner scene is great and i love when Kevin Spacey says to the family that their getting a divorce and the brother looks in total shock say "WHY" with his eyes popped out! HAHAHA I know i will end up watching it a few more times this season.
GreenElf

Postby littledollclaudia on Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:19 am

Dennis Leary is so great! We love that movie in my house too! God, I haven't seen it in forever. Trip to Walmart!
~On the 13th day of Christmas, my ghoul love gave to me...~
littledollclaudia

Postby Sinter-Klaus on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:26 am

Really they have started to shwo christmas flicks? I should probably check my tv guide more often, I havnt noticed any of them as of late, id love to see the richy rich christmas special I absolutely love it, or how much I can remember of it, they havnt aired it in awhile.

Nobody can ever give me a straight answer when I ask this.

Wout a nightmare before christmas fall under halloween movie or christmas movie. Im convinced its a christmass movie but all of my freinds say its more of a halloween film.
Sinter-Klaus

Postby Dudley on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:38 am

The confusion was deliberate.

Its' the way Tim Burton wanted it.

See, he grew up in Southern California, and after the summer was over, there was very little change between the seasons..and what he was thinking was that there is this strange time between the two holidays, that is sort of a tiwlight zone of holidays....that was the feeling he was going for..a cross between the two, caught in the middle...
Dudley

Postby GreenElf on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:15 am

I consider it more Christmas then Halloween but for me I call it a November movie!
GreenElf

Return to Holiday Entertainment