I am so glad this forum exists!!!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:04 pm

I must say, my husband is a sport, and he has really gotten into the "spirit" over the years. He dresses up every year, and he's the one that drags all the decorations out of the attic and the shed, and drags them all back when we are done. :D

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:20 am

Most of my friends and loved ones don't understand me when I get so excited about Halloween and start planning stuff. I spend hours looking over all the ebay stuff and online sites for new props, ideas, and themes for the coming holiday. In fact my roommate keeps saying, "it's only August". I wish I could get her to understand. Oh well at least she's agreed to let me throw a party and to help me a little bit with it. Does anyone else think there should be some kind of 12 step detox program after Halloween for us who are like this? :)

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:25 am

Just go cold turkey.
I know I say I start the day after but I always lay off until after Christmas and then start planning, truth being that Chrismtas is pretty busy in my work and between working the holidays and overtime, it's usually hard to start anything other then getting through the holiday plans..but hey, I have a lot of Christmas stuff already bought, and one of my co workers is getting their favorite Mexican monster movie for Christmas..
But yeah, maybe after this year, we can set up something and create a support group..maybe even get a telethon..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:36 pm

Who wants to detox??? :D

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:08 am

My family understands my obsession with Halloween. It's cool because my mom will see some HAlloween decoration in July and buy it for me! She and my father always gave my sisters and I HAlloween parties and we would do all kinds of fun stuff, so really it's their fault I love it so much.
y boyfriend is learning to deal with it and he is coming around. I have most of my decorations up already and he even surprised me with some more. I don't think I need a Halloween detox, I think everybody else just has to learn to deal with me! :D

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:00 pm

I love the fact that this entire website and this forum exist. I love halloween so much, for the same reasons everyone else has listed. I love the Charlie Brown halloween special so much is makes me cry. I also love that all of you feel the same way about my favorite holiday. My boyfriend and I are moving in together in a couple of months, and just on a whim I asked him if I could keep our bedroom decorated for halloween all year long, like a haunted castle, and he said he didn't care! I love that man.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:33 pm

That's really sweet.
A friend of mine did their rec room like the NAUTILUS from Disney's 20,ooo Leagues Under the Sea..portholes, the whole bit..
He died, and the wife kept it up..says she goes down and hoists one to him now and again, but keeps an eye on the drink...she's never really sure he's gone..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:20 am

that is pretty cool, I alwasys get stuff sent to me every year from family. actually all year around.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:57 pm

I read the responses on this post and I think it's the cutest thing! No really! I've been to several Halloween message boards, quite a few of them actually, but this is the one with the most heart. nufsed. good place.

lilly
Ghost

Post by lilly » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:34 pm

i have 4 sisters and we are all like that. halloween is planned all year long and we spend hours discussing new props and how to make all kinds of things.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:23 pm

i am downloading a halloween cd that is the best of the halloween series if anyone onence one let m,e know.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:07 pm

What series? Were you going to email files or snail mail a cd?
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.