Sonic Christmas Blast

Talk about movies, television shows and music!

Sonic Christmas Blast

Postby SnowMau on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:26 pm

Not too many video game icons have had their own Christmas Special. But Sonic the Hedgehog has! I believe it came out in 1996. I love Sonic, this is a fun Christmas Adaptation to the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog Cartoon.
The plot is simple, the evil Robotnik tries to take over Christmas by kidnapping Santa, building a Santa Robot, and telling the public that Santa's retiring and "Robotnik Claus" is taking his place.
Robotnik Claus then plots for everyone to give HIM presents instead of giving presents to everyone in the world.
So, when Sonic finds all this out, he ends up rescuing Santa with his side kick and little buddy Tails, a two-tailed Fox.
Sonic has the ability to run super fast, and he's a blue hedgehog, so when he runs it's like a blue blur.
He saves Christmas by unlocking EXTREME Super Speed from a magic ring he got last Christmas, and running super fast delivering all the presents and taking them back from Robotnik.
Afterwards, Santa ends up passing on his job to Sonic, making him Sonic Claus.
Ok, it might just be a little corny. But as a Sonic fan it is noted that there was a Christmas special based off him.
If any of you guys have small kids, especially Sonic fans, this is a must have. I've got the DVD myself, got it last year.
Look out Rudolph, Santa might just replace you with the cute, magical, Christmas Kittens!
SnowMau

Location: Throwing Snowballs at the neighbor kids XD Just kidding.

Re: Sonic Christmas Blast

Postby SantaClaus on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:19 pm

I haven't seen the Christmas Special. Does Sonic have any Christmas Easter Eggs in the game itself?

SnowMau wrote:Not too many video game icons have had their own Christmas Special. But Sonic the Hedgehog has! I believe it came out in 1996. I love Sonic, this is a fun Christmas Adaptation to the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog Cartoon.
The plot is simple, the evil Robotnik tries to take over Christmas by kidnapping Santa, building a Santa Robot, and telling the public that Santa's retiring and "Robotnik Claus" is taking his place.
Robotnik Claus then plots for everyone to give HIM presents instead of giving presents to everyone in the world.
So, when Sonic finds all this out, he ends up rescuing Santa with his side kick and little buddy Tails, a two-tailed Fox.
Sonic has the ability to run super fast, and he's a blue hedgehog, so when he runs it's like a blue blur.
He saves Christmas by unlocking EXTREME Super Speed from a magic ring he got last Christmas, and running super fast delivering all the presents and taking them back from Robotnik.
Afterwards, Santa ends up passing on his job to Sonic, making him Sonic Claus.
Ok, it might just be a little corny. But as a Sonic fan it is noted that there was a Christmas special based off him.
If any of you guys have small kids, especially Sonic fans, this is a must have. I've got the DVD myself, got it last year.
SantaClaus
Site Admin

Re: Sonic Christmas Blast

Postby SnowMau on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:39 pm

Oh it's not a game, it's a cartoon based off the game character.
And I don't think it does.
Come to think of it there's another video game character that has a christmas special: Pac-Man! XD;
Here's what the box would look like:
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B ... ZZZZZ_.jpg
Look out Rudolph, Santa might just replace you with the cute, magical, Christmas Kittens!
SnowMau

Location: Throwing Snowballs at the neighbor kids XD Just kidding.

Return to Holiday Entertainment