A Charlie Brown Christmas

Talk about movies, television shows and music!

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Postby Christmas Knight on Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:54 am

Did anyone catch A Charlie Brown Christmas on ABC last night? I know most of us have it on VHS or DVD, but there is something special about watching it live on TV. It was like I was 8 years old again, glued to the T.V. It was also great to watch it with my kids, 3 & 2, they loved it.

:D
Christmas Knight

Postby Silver Belle on Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:32 am

I can just picture y'all sitting there enjoying the show together, CK :D , I'm so glad the kids loved it! And so starts anew the annual tradition of viewing one of the best Christmas specials EVER... 8)

Unfortunately we missed it as we were in traffic trying to get home from the parade, but that was mighty fun too. :wink:
'In the air there's a feeling of Christmas...'
Silver Belle

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:47 pm

Yeah... we watched it on TV and I know what CK means to see it that way but, I sure do miss the Dolly Madison commercials. Does anyone else remember those?
Ol' Black Pete

Postby SWC on Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:15 pm

My daughter and I watched and loved it. I think it's the first time she actually appreciated every moment of it. When she was little she'd refuse to watch with me, beats me as to why *shrug* stubborn, I suppose.
In these little bric-a-brac, a secretis waiting to be cracked

These dolls and toys confuse me so, confound it all, I love it though.
SWC

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:05 pm

I think where kids are concerned, it should come down to deprivation of media stimulation, for at least the first 5 years.

There are SO many things on TV now that simply bombard younglings with images, zipping by quicker and quicker all the time. Just look at some of the commercials today and how quickly paced they are. You can be shown anywhere from 20 to 100 images in a 30 to 60 second commercial. Everything is FAST FAST FAST SELL SELL SELL!!!!! And the shows themselves are even worse.

A special show like A Charlie Brown Christmas is a lot slower paced and geared toward a generation of viewers who lived in a slower paced world. It's gentle yet poiniant. It's simple and unassuming yet never insults ones intelligence.

A Charlie Brown Christmas is a testimate to a simpler time; a simpler Christmas... And yet, even then, there was a bit of controversy over Linus' defining little spotlight moment. The beginning of the end? Does anyone think that kind of thing could be pulled off in todays world where you have stores and companies; networks and teacher's unions debating whether or not to even SAY Merry Christmas?!?!?! A POX on them all!!!

A Charlie Brown Christmas, in so many ways, defines what it's all about and I say that if you have to keep your kids away from the TV the whole year just to have them enjoy this one of a kind event, that I assure you will NEVER be duplicated, SO BE IT!

ALL HAIL CHARLIE BROWN!!!!
Ol' Black Pete

Postby Silver Belle on Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:18 pm

Hear, hear, Pete!!

Three cheers for Charlie Brown!!!!
'In the air there's a feeling of Christmas...'
Silver Belle

Postby SWC on Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:20 pm

Agreed. My other speculation,( aside from refusing because she knew I loved it so much so she wanted to rebel against it) is it's lack of flashy colors and fast moving characters etc. With that said- she loved it, and fell in love with Snoopy. All Hail Growing Up! (slowly, mind you!)

I'd also like to add~ watching this last night really put me in the Christmas Spirit. It always takes that *one* thing and I've had a hard time finding it this year.

I haven't even been out of the house ('cept for picking my daughter up from school,walking dogs) since last Thursday. I just walked Rosco and saw a few neighbors have outside yard displays up! I think I'm going to climb into the attic and bring my outdoor decor down just for the fun of it. It's a beautiful day. Might as well do something productive with it.
In these little bric-a-brac, a secretis waiting to be cracked

These dolls and toys confuse me so, confound it all, I love it though.
SWC

Postby Phantom_Stranger on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:37 pm

A Charlie Brown Christmas is the greatest holiday cartoon ever!
Phantom_Stranger

Postby SnowWhite on Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:19 pm

I love that movie. This post is old but i wish I would have seen it before because I definitely would have watched it! aaww maaan lol
SnowWhite

Postby airhead on Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:18 pm

I didn't see it this year, but I love it.
airhead

Return to Holiday Entertainment