Ideas for tree stumps?

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Halloween the 13th
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Ideas for tree stumps?

Post by Halloween the 13th » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:41 am

Any ideas for accentuating tree stumps. I was standing outside the other day having a beer, when I spotted the pile of brush that I'm waiting for the city to pick up. The pile of stumps actually got my attention the most. I figured 2 or 3 of them varying in height would look neat with pumkins, gourds, maybe some Indian corn arranged on them.

I already have a bale of hay that I usually sit a scarecrow on with a couple pumpkins on the ground in front of him, as well as a ghost made from a sheet hanging from the huge tree in the front yard. I hang orange lights in the bushes along the front of the house and two tombstones I made from plywood further out in the yard. All of which is illuminated with flood lights.

Should I combine the scarecrow and hay bale with the 3 stumps to make a large sort of focul point? Or keep the seperate?

Let me know what you guys think.

Love the site by the way! :wink:
The 13 days of Halloween was my idea!!! My idea I say!!!

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:03 pm

Hi H-13th. If I was doing something with the tree stumps I'd definitely cluster them. Your idea using pumpkins and goards is a great one. The varying heights of the stumps will appeal to the eye - perhaps propping the scarecrow upright behind the stumps would look good too. Course, I'm a big proponent of focal points since it makes me crazy to see too much spread all over the place. Be sure to take some pictures when you're done! :D
Don't drink and fly...

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:40 pm

Tree stumps of different heights just beg for JOLs to be placed on them. Nothing says Halloween like a big 'ol grinning JOL (unless it's two or three of them...or four or five... :wink: )!