Movies

Talk about movies, television shows and music!

Whats Your Favorite Holiday Movie?

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
22%
A Christmas Story (Red Rider B B Gun)
16%
It's a Wonderful Life
20%
Miracle on 34th Street
18%
Scrooge
8%
Scrooged
No votes
Elf
16%

Total votes : 50

Postby EvilMel on Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:56 am

That's awesome! I'd love to see A Christmas Story in the theater. I bet it will be jam packed.
EvilMel

Postby GreenElf on Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:00 am

Ok, I have to break down as tell ya that I dug out one of my boxes of Christmas movies this weekend. My son picked out Home Alone 2, Franklands Christmas Gift to watch and after I watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. I had only planned on watching Nightmare before Christmas but got kind of carried away. My 11 year old made up a chart and we had a agreement that we have to watch NLCV at least 15 times before Christmas. I laughed becuase she taped the chart on the wall beside the TV... I don't think it will be a problem at all... Anybody else watch Christmas stuff this weekend? Oh yeah and I seen a commercial on TBS that the cartoon How the Grinch Stole Christmas is going to be on next Saturday....
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby Dudley on Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:56 pm

My son and I did SANTA CLAUS with Mystery Science Theatre 3000 on the weekend..really really funny...also, two movies that are sort of in between. THE SEVENTH VOYAGE OF SINBAD, and THE MAGIC SWORD..nice fantasy that sort of fits between the two seasons..

It'll be soon time to crack out the Christmas music...MY Christmas music...can you heart stand the strain???
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby EvilMel on Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:23 am

Soon? It's already time now!

Get on it!

hah hah. Our local xmas music station has been broadcasting since yesterday and I have been listening from the beginning!
EvilMel

Postby Dudley on Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:47 pm

Evilmel, I almost got the stuff out this weekend, but was voted down by the son. The topic continues with CHRISTMAS MUSIC that I've started. See, MY christmas music isn't exactly standard issue...
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby EvilMel on Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:40 pm

Tell him he's overruled!
EvilMel

Postby GreenElf on Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:31 pm

I want to break out my music soon too. Luckily though I had a Veggie Tale Christmas CD in my car and my kids and i listened to it all yesterday and today! Lovely!
GreenElf

Postby MHooch on Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:49 pm

You know, usually I'm the one who...lets say... "complains very vocally" about Christmas music being on the radio and at the mall too early, but you guys are gettin' me in the mood...
MHooch

Postby littledollclaudia on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:54 am

I am a total weirdo and I'll sing carols no matter what time of the year it is, or where I am for that matter. It's funny though. I start singing Jingle Bells in July at a Carl's Jr. and I'll get at least three other people to join in who I don't even know. Magic of Christmas or something..
~On the 13th day of Christmas, my ghoul love gave to me...~
littledollclaudia

Postby GreenElf on Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:38 am

Yeah this year I have just started listening to music but it is normally a little early for me compared to previous years....oh I love the music and have no trouble pulling up to the Tim Hortons gettting my double double blasting my jams!!!
GreenElf

Postby EvilMel on Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:14 am

I actually start listening to Christmas after the first week in November. As I have said before there's a local radio station that plays it starting the first monday in November. So I just turn that on at work (with headphones for most of the day) and in the car.

Man...the season is sooooo short...you have to make the most of it. I mean we started talking about Halloween stuff hella early. Why not Christmas too? It doesn't mean we discount Thanksgiving. To me that's just a part of Christmas, an independent and awesome part, but a part nonetheless. It's just more time to spend with your family and be thankful for everything you have/the people you know.
EvilMel

Postby GreenElf on Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:52 am

So true EvilMel, I think thats why I started earlier this year cause Halloween came and went so fast and I just wasn't ready for all the excitment to be over so I just went from one holiday into the next asap... That not a bad thing but like you said the season is so short and we have to make the best of the time we have.
GreenElf

Postby MHooch on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:45 pm

So here's a movie/song combination for you. "Meet Me in St Louis" with Judy Garland. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, can sing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" like our Judy. Brings me to tears everytime I hear it/see it.
"Making Christmas, Making Christmas....."
MHooch

Postby Snow-flake on Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:15 am

I love "It's a Wonderful Life".

But, I also love movies that are set at Christmas, because they were released at Christmas...Christmas used to be a great time to go see a movie when you were on Christmas vacation.

Some of my favorite movies that take place around Christmas, or in the winter....and I watch them every year.... are:

Die Hard

Lethal Weapon

Ice Castles

Home Alone
Snow-flake

Postby EvilMel on Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:44 am

I also like Die Hard a whole lot...and I can even get into watching Home Alone. The other two...yeah they're ok too, but I totally know what you mean about movies that were released around Christmas feeling Christmasy. Alot of times Harry Potter gets released around Christmas, doesn't it?

Maybe that's why I get the little extra urge to watch those movies around the holidays.
EvilMel

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Entertainment