Movies

Talk about movies, television shows and music!

Whats Your Favorite Holiday Movie?

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
22%
A Christmas Story (Red Rider B B Gun)
16%
It's a Wonderful Life
20%
Miracle on 34th Street
18%
Scrooge
8%
Scrooged
No votes
Elf
16%

Total votes : 50

Movies

Postby GreenElf on Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:26 pm

I have a few absolute movies I have to watch over Christmas.... Whats your favorite?

I know the movies I have listed are just a few and that there is a ton of really good ones but I just wanted to see out of a few....which one takes the cake :lol:
GreenElf

Postby GreenElf on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:36 pm

It was a toss up between A Christmas Story and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation...
GreenElf

Fave Holiday Movies

Postby geneva on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:57 pm

My Fave Holiday movie is a cross between A christmas story, and National Lampoon Christmas Vacation. I am also a fan of the Original Frosty , and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer cartoon Holiday Classics. I also like another movie called Home for the Holidays. It is actually about Thanksgiving, but it has the same Holiday vibe. Robert Downey Jr. is in the Movie.
geneva

Postby GreenElf on Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:11 am

Yes I like the Frosty, Redoulph and Grinch cartoons too.... There is sooo many good holidays movies out there, I feel like I could watch them almost all year round but I have to hold myself back sometimes. :lol:
GreenElf

Postby GW on Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:15 pm

I started watching in earnest lately. Watched Miracle on 34th Street and a tape I have of an old (25years) Hallmark show starring Ed Asner who tries to get all his family back together again before he dies.
GW

Postby Dudley on Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:00 am

Man oh man...

First of all, I got to watch CHRISTMAS STORY on screen a few years ago. The mall had a deal where you could drop off the kids to see a movie on Saturday and shop.

I stayed.

Saw CHRISTMAS STORY, SCROOGED, THE SANTA CLAUSE.

We watch the 1951 ChRISTMAS CAROL, WE'RE NO ANGELS (Ustinov and Bogart as escaped cons help a nice family on Devil's Island) THE BISHOPS WIFE (wherre I got this name from...any time I can come off lilke Cary Grant, I'm running with it...he plays an angel who helps out Lorretta Young...) The usual suspects (ladies bring in MIRACLE and WHITE CHRISTMAS and HOLIDAY INN to work, I have WONDERFUL LIFE) and some vintage t.v., (Pee Wee, Twilight Zone, and I love Lucy Christmas episodes,) and a family fave, the bizaree, mind bending K. Gordon Murray production of SANTA CLAUS...where Santa teams up with Merlin the Magician to defeat Satan..really..they used to play this at the kiddie matinees when I was growing up in the 60's, right up there with SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS...

No...nobody knew it would do THIS to me...
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby GreenElf on Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:18 am

Well I think this weekend I am going to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. I know it is kinda early but I will have to dig out my Christmas movie collection and bring them down to my living room. I have a pretty big movie collection that ranges from all genres however I don't have a proper casing to hold all my videos so I catagorize them into genres and seasonal ones so anyway currently I have all my Horror/Halloween type videos down (which I will keep out alittle longer) but I think I will unpack my winter/holiday movies too just so if I want to feel more Christmasy then it will be easier to just sit back and pop a good movie in...
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby Dudley on Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:44 am

Yeah, that and THE MAGIC SWORD...a Bert I Gordon knights of the round table deal with effects so cheesy they are velvetta..my son loved NIGHTMARE growing up, and would have a soda cracker sandwich watching them..crackers on top and on the bottom of crackers..only he called them 'sodium crackers'..he was more right then he knew..
Dudley

Postby BlkAsH on Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:05 pm

I have to agree that the old Frosty, How The Grinch Stole X-mas, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and the one or two other animated cartoons I'm forgetting the names of are my favs. As for the above... man that's a toss up between a couple of them.

Last edited by BlkAsH on Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.:~* ... 'Tis The Season To Be Jolly ... *~:.
BlkAsH

Postby MHooch on Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:16 am

Can't call it Christmas 'til I watch Miracle on 34th St...two of my favorite actresses, Maureen O'Hara and Natalie Wood. I'm a big fan of Dudley, too, Dudley. The Bishop's Wife is one of the best. And don't ya just love Bert and Ernie in It's a Wonderful Life? Never get tired of Christmas Vacation. The scene where the cat gets electrocuted under the chair gets me every time. And have you ever seen Christmas in Connecticut with Barbara Stanwyk? If not, check it out. And a more hysterical movie than Jingle All The Way would be hard to find. I'm gettin' in the mood just talkin' about it!! :D
MHooch

Postby Dudley on Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:32 am

Jingle all the way was another mall movie, hooch..very cool to see on the big screen..the program ran for three or four years, I keep hoping they bring it back..but DIG this..they had WHITE CHRISTMAS and IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE at the repetory theatre last year..for years and years it was a London Tradition to go and see WHITE CHRISTMAS on Christmas eve here in town..then the theatre closed down for a few years, and things just got going last year..as it was, last year was the first time in my 47 years i saw IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE on the big screen.

Another great Christmas move now that I think of it..and yes, Christmas in Conn is fantastic..man, what ambience..the movie is THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER..this famous radio commentator gets his hip broken and takes over a families house ..he is funny nasty ego freak, but you just LOVE HIM..Bettie Davis plays his secretary, and falls for the local newspaper guy,and he gets determined to bust it up..Jimmy Durante plays a guy based on Harpo Marx...
Dudley

Postby EvilMel on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:32 am

I think it's a toss up for me between Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story. I can't tell you how I look forward to that dang 24 hours of A Christmas Story, despite the fac that I have it on DVD and could watch it for 24 hours straight any old day of the year. hah hah. Nutball.

I do like Jingle All the Way too though. I definitely appreciate A Miracle on 34th Street but to be honest with you...I just hate hate hate It's a Wonderful Life. I know...it's horrible of me...but I can't help it.
EvilMel

Postby GreenElf on Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:17 pm

Yeah I love mostly every Christmas movie but A Christmas story is one I absolute have to watch in December (a number of times) and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is one I could watch all year long. I love them both sooooo much. As for It's a Wonderful life I had not honestly sat downa nd watched it until just two years ago. My husband and I sat and watched it one night and thought it was soo funny. The expressions they use and the acting of emotions is hilarious. I wouldn't say it is one of my favorites but I am glad I have seen it (twice so far) and I would watch it each year if I happen to catch it on TV. Jingle all the way is good too. I know alot of people I hear give it a bit of a bad wrap but I think it is a good watch and I love Phil Hartmen in it...
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby MHooch on Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:51 am

Dudley...Monty Wooley, what a great old dude he was! And I love Mary Wickes (she played the nurse) whenever I see her. The Man Who Came To Dinner is certainly a fine flick.
MHooch

Postby littledollclaudia on Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:49 am

Yeah, I can't wait! The theater that showed Beetlejuice is showing A Christmas Story on Dec. 4th. Movie is one of those staples for getting me in the Christmas moods. My family did that one year. We wound up having to go out for dinner because the oven broke down in the middle of cooking. Denny's had a "great" turkey special going on.
~On the 13th day of Christmas, my ghoul love gave to me...~
littledollclaudia

Next

Return to Holiday Entertainment