Im Feeling Really Festive

Talk about movies, television shows and music!

Im Feeling Really Festive

Postby Christmas-Lover on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:54 am

Right I Know its August but i feel like i want to dig out my xmas films and music i feel like im crazy but ah well

WE R WHAT WE R RIGHT!
Christmas-Lover

Postby Big Steve on Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:05 pm

Hi Christmas Lover,

Try listening to some Christmas music on the DVD player in the car going to work. I listen year round in the AM and it really gives me a good start!!!!

Big Steve
Big Steve

Postby merrychristmas on Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:19 pm

Big Steve I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one with the Christmas tunes playing all year round. I have a small player in my kitchen with a stack of Christmas CD's right beside it. My friends and family think I'm crazy but........OH WELL! The closer it gets to Christmas the higher the volume goes :lol:
merrychristmas

Postby Big Steve on Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:57 pm

Hi Merrychristmas,

My all time favorite CDs are the Rankin Bass sound tracks, Mormon Tabernacle Choir and English cathedral boys choir. Even years later I still miss that old scratchy sound of the 33rpm vinyl records. I wish I had kept them. I have some Celtic Harp tracks too!! These ones are really nice and mellow, should you want to pick some up. I'm pretty excited we are almost in the season!!!!

Big Steve
Big Steve

Postby merrychristmas on Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:48 pm

Hi Big Steve,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely check them out. I like the more mellow sounds like Silent Night and White Christmas over Grandma Got Run over By A Reindeer most of the time. Those are the songs heard in our house when I was growing up. My mom had Christmas albums by singers like Andy Williams, Mario Lanza, Ed Ames etc. (I'm showing my age) and those are still my favorites. Especially the Ed Ames album. It is still one of my favorites even after forty years or so. I think I was about ten when it came out and I have never grown tired of it! Some of the newer singers are good as well but I still go back to the old stand bys, scratchy sound and all! :lol:
merrychristmas

Return to Holiday Entertainment