Halloween Shopping

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

Halloween Shopping

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:29 pm

I went to a bunch of stores today to see what was out. TJ MAXX had great stuff! By the way OEJ I looked for your pumpkin man you wanted but they didn't have any there. I was hoping to find it for you. I also went to the dollar tree and they had only one tombstone left and it was broken :(

Walmart surprised me a bit they had alot more stuff this year than last year and I thought it was nicer too.

BUT, Hobby Lobby OMG I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!! They always put there stuff on sale before the holiday. They didn't have all their stuff out yet so I am going back on Thursday. I will let you all know what I get.

Does anyone know if Home Depot or Lowes has Halloween stuff?

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:40 pm

Funny you should ask - I was at both HD and Lowes today but no Halloween sightings yet.

Unless they were tucked away somewhere - but they did have out mums which are my favorite fall flower
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:47 pm

Did they both have Halloween stuff last year mandy? I have never checked there before....

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:02 pm

Went to a Spencers today, and they have a 6' moving Jason Voorhees, his eyes move back and forth under the mask....I must admit, even I was just a tad creeped out. I sort of kept watching him from the back of the store....and I did not linger in front of him on my way out:shock:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:27 pm

ooohhh how cool would that be to put him in with the trees? Him just hanging out and watching...lol Ok I think I just creeped myself out.... :lol:

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:00 pm

MHooch wrote:Went to a Spencers today, and they have a 6' moving Jason Voorhees, his eyes move back and forth under the mask....I must admit, even I was just a tad creeped out. I sort of kept watching him from the back of the store....and I did not linger in front of him on my way out:shock:
Hey, no fair! I stopped by the Spencer's in Paramus, NJ yesterday, and it's like they don't even know Halloween exists! Nothing's up yet. :(
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:21 pm

I went to the grocery store yesterday and they have Halloween plates, napkins and sticker sheets. I was so twitterpated I almost forgot why I was there in the first place! :D Not sure about the Jason Voorhees, MHooch...I'd forget where I put him and scare the stuffin' out of myself. :shock:
Don't drink and fly...

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:59 am

We don't have a Hobby Lobby. :cry:

angel222
Haunt Master

Post by angel222 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:21 am

Well on sunday I went to ride aid and they fall the fall and halloween slowly coming up. I just bought a candle of autumn. which is nice and a halloween m&m candy. ahhh.

Come we fly.
hello

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:39 am

Has anybody seen the fortune teller at Michael's?? She's a life-size head with glowing yellow eyes and moving parts inside a big crystal ball, and she tells you your fortune....***shivers***, she gave me the willies, how when she stops talking her glowing eyes are staring straight into yours. :shock:

Man, Hooch, I wish we still had a Spencer's in town, that Jason sounds awesome!!! :twisted: Wonder how much he is? I'm afraid he'd send me into that divorce club you were mentioning the other day, my husband would freak. :lol:

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:16 am

Some of the weirdest, most interesting things I've run across are found in cheapie stores, dollar store type places and Big Lots/Pic-n-Sav. You'll find discontinued (read: strange and old) items, sometimes cardboard cutouts, plastic trinkets, sound effects tapes and CDs, masks and costumes.

The dollar store places often yield good finds because there is a ceiling to how much they can charge, so you can sometimes get a surprisingly good rubber mask or prop...I've found some really neat ceramic pumpkin candle burners in such places...

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:37 am

OMG! I just found out we're getting a Halloween Spirit Store!!!! Right here in town!!! :D :D I need more storage boxes. :shock:
Don't drink and fly...

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:41 am

Halloween Spirit store, LawP??? That sounds spectacularly festive, there!! Man, why can't my town be that cool??? You'll have to let us know what goodies they have! :D

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:15 pm

We had a Spirit store here last year and according to the website it will return to the same location, an old furniture store building that's pretty darned big. My youngest was scared to walk in there last year. Their prices are high but they have a selection that is fantastic.

I have seen the Michael's items you guys are talking about as well. Our local store has 3 or 4 different animated monsters you can buy; everything from the Ring girl to a Frankenstein's monster. Good stuff!

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:06 pm

I feel spoilt, we have 2 spirit stores... but neither is open yet... AND... I'll be passing through Phoenix this weekend... I hope I can con my husband into letting me splurge on Halloween! ^_^