I feel so discouraged

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
ooga_booga
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

I feel so discouraged

Post by ooga_booga » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:01 am

I was planning on having a huge party this year, in fact I had been planning it since after last year's party in order not to make the same mistakes, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Why? Because recently we had a party/bonfire and invited some of my friends up (we had a set date in august with a backup date, which is tomorrow). 2 of my friends and thier families showed p on the first set date, and we all had a really good time. And since not many people came to the first one, we planned on having one on the backup date, but no-one else has responded, and my other friends are busy so they can't come. (That's what I get for getting my hopes up.) So I feel if I have my halloween party no one will show up, (or even respond) even if I made sure I send out all my invitations by the 1st of October.
I'm not even sure if I should even invite a couple friends over to watch movies.
Ok, I'm done whining now.
Serial Thread Killer.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:31 am

Sorry about the lack of support there. There's nothing more sad than friends who don't "get it" with Halloween.

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:24 pm

*LawP is sending comforting {{{{HUGS}}}} to Ooga*

Don't be sad or get discouraged. Send out your invites and enjoy the party no matter how many show up! I have many friends but they have their own families and lives and it's tough to get them all to come over to party. I have an open house and let everyone know (not by formal invite). They stop by when they can and I have fun with little pressure. This is your favorite holiday...don't let lack of attendance spoil your special day. Chin up my friend! :D
Don't drink and fly...

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:40 pm

So true... I have to honestly say the past couple of years I only knew 50% of the people at my party as the rest were from my spouses work. It was a blast though... Don't get me wrong not just anyone would walk in off the street, but I like to have a house full if possible for a party. I have had partys in the past and there is only like 10 people... still have a ball... music... silly easy... no thinking games... lots of food and great decor is what really ties people together wheather they're good friends or just new ones... It is a receipe for a memorable evening!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:20 pm

ooga, consider the following, it is summer. A lot of people have plans and are vacationing. They tend to find their own fun. Don't let it discourage you. When October rolls around and everyone is back to work and school, they will love the idea of something fun to do on a weekend. I say go ahead with the party. :wink:

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:21 pm

Oops, I just realized you live in Australia, I guess it is not summer there now,huh, Sorry. So much for that theory.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:28 pm

ooga_booga:

It's not the size of the party but the spirit of the party that counts!! I'm with LawP and Penny...just enjoy the evening no matter how many guests you have. Sometimes smaller gatherings are really more fun, because there is less 'hostess' stuff to do, so you can relax and have a better time yourself!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:58 pm

Well, I still have a month to think it over. 2 people showed up at my last party, which I guess was pretty good as it wasn't planned well enough in advance, and the whole thing was very rushed. And as I said, I've been planning this year's party since last year. So if I can get at least 5 people to show up this year I'll be pleased.
Serial Thread Killer.

jinho
Zombie

Post by jinho » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:46 pm

ooga_booga your just like me except instead of 2 friends and their family it was only 1 friend and he only brought his mom. But most of my brothers friends were there because we had it at a park so he invited them, so its was more like my brothers birthday,and it gets worse my mom bought 3 medium pizzas,surprime,peproni,and cheese. Plus my mom bought fruit cake. Oh yeah and this is how i looked like when i realized 1 friend was coming only, :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: but my mom and brother promised me this coming up birthday will always be the best birthday i had.

P.S My birthday is 10-17

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:52 am

I think you should go for it. Two months is a lot of time to put something together and build up hype! You'll have people DYING to go... only, I hope they're still alive for the party.

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:03 am

I've decided that I will go for it this year, even if only a few people show up.
Serial Thread Killer.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:30 am

And another thing you can do is take some pictures at your party then photoshop in a bunch of partying, drunk, near nude sexy people! Send the pics out to those who didn't attend with a note saying, "Boy, did you miss out!"
Last edited by Dr Strange on Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:50 am

Excellent idea Doc. Under those circumstances, she won't be able to keep the guests away next year.

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:04 am

It always takes a little time for these things to grow. Besides, if your brother is also inviting people, that counts! My party is two guest lists combined - mine & my sister's - so see? It's big because we make it big!
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:38 am

ooga_booga wrote:I've decided that I will go for it this year, even if only a few people show up.
I've already handed out my invitations.
It's sceduled for the 13th of October (it may be a little early, but that's during our school holidays) and we've also sceduled our backup bonfire for that night. And as I said I got 2 people last year on very short notice (less than a week before the party itself, AND on a school night) so we should have a slightly better outcome this year.
Serial Thread Killer.