Lamington Presbyterian Cemetery

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Lamington Presbyterian Cemetery

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:10 pm

It is believed that the ghost of John Honeyman haunts this cemetery's grounds. John Honeyman was the famous American Spy whose efforts helped George Washington successfully cross the Delaware into Trenton and surprise the Hessions. There is even a picture of his ghost that was taken in the mid 1970's that shows an unexplained white mist directly in front of Honeyman's grave. I will certainly be visiting this site come October.
Last edited by Haunted Horseman on Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:14 pm

Just realized, I forgot to mention the cemetery's location, Lamington, New Jersey. Sorry

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:19 pm

Do they have website or what? Maybe contact info?

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:55 pm

The church doesn't play up the haunted angle very much. I couldn't find any type of website. However, the contact information is ( the address is actually Bedminster, not Lamington):
Lamington Presbyterian Church
Phone:
(908) 439-2629

Address:
300 Lamington Road
Bedminster, New Jersey
USA

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:06 pm

Thanks for all of the info, Horseman! So, when are they going to do the showtime? What date/schedule are they going to set them up?

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:06 pm

I'm sorry Hantmaster, but you lost me. I don't know of any shows. If I implied that there were any, I apologize. This is just a local legend that is about 8 miles from my home, that's why I know of it. I just posted it as a point of interest, since I love ghost stories and history. This legend combines both. I was planning on taking a walk in that cemetry this fall and see what happens. I be sure to post if anything interesting occurs. By the way, I do have a hard copy of the Honeyman ghost pic that I cut from a local magazine. If I can get a friend to scan it in for me, I'll post it so everyone can take a look.