Odd movies that you associate with Christmas?

Talk about movies, television shows and music!

Odd movies that you associate with Christmas?

Postby Jina on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:50 pm

So, I was wondering if anyone else had any odd movies that they associate with Christmas time? I do and I am just wondering if I am weird or not. One of the main movies I associate with Christmas is Edward Scissorhands. I think it is because for many years during my childhood, it came on every year around Christmas time.
Jina

Re: Odd movies that you associate with Christmas?

Postby Thom on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:24 pm

There are definitely some movies that I first saw around Christmas time and whenever I've sinced watched them I've been reminded of the holiday season and when I first watched them. Films like Seabiscuit, High Fidelity and Good Will Hunting, great movies. There are also the family movies like Toy Story, Shrek and The Incredibles that I first watched then and will always associate Christmas memories with.

Its not a movie, but I first watched the mini-series Band of Brothers in the run up to Christmas 2006. Since then I've often rewatched the whole series or at least an episode two around Christmas. I didn't originally watch it because of this reason, but one of the nice things that came out of watching it when I did, is that it does make me take a moment to think about the soldiers back then and today who were away from home and their loved ones at Christmas. In Band of Brothers, Easy Company were in Bastogne for Christmas of 1944 which is depicted in the series, the guys freezing in their foxholes in what was one of the worst winters in Europe for quite some while at the time. Doing their job and trying their best to feel something of the Christmas spirit.
Thom

Postby CousinEddie on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:48 pm

Its sad, but I just like to watch old reruns of Northern Exposure- brings me closer to the BIG MAN at the North Pole.
Clark's Cousin Eddie (he says in law)
Holding out for a Management Position at http://www.FreeMooseMugs.com
-Fine Purveyor of Christmas Vacation Replicas
CousinEddie

Postby ericwills85 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:35 am

A Christmas Carol and Home Alone they both are Great Movies
Watch entourage stream at high Definition and Watch Law and Order Special Victims Unit online for free.
ericwills85

Postby ammyjames on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:42 am

Odd movie that i have associated with Christmas is CHRISTMAS VACATION
ammyjames

Postby arlenharris on Sat May 12, 2012 12:11 am

Home Alone is an amazing movie..It is my favorite movie..
arlenharris

Postby GonzalesM on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:31 am

Gremlins) I don't know why, probably I've watched it during winter holidays when I was a kid, but it still reminds me of Christmas
GonzalesM

Return to Holiday Entertainment