I'm getting antsy!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
autumn
Vampire

I'm getting antsy!

Post by autumn » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:28 am

This time every year I start thinking about the holiday season and I'm soooo waiting to be able to decorate for Halloween. I don't go all out or anything but I do have lots of stuff. Jack-o-lanterns are my favorite. I like all the older decorations that remind me of when I was a kid. I have been searching on Ebay for some new things to buy and of course I had to get something. I was on YouTube and watched some of The Great Pumpkin....that takes me back. I love it! I remember when I was a kid I would draw and color a pumpkin, witch or something simple like that and my mom would tape it up in the window. I love the cardboard cutouts that you put in the window. The older looking ones. I can't wait, it's taking forever! :o I do have my Halloween theme on my browser and I have a Halloween desktop picture. My daughter looked at me like I was weird. LOL Oh well. :roll:

OctoberChill
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: I'm getting antsy!

Post by OctoberChill » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:14 am

Same here! July is when it really hits me. Once I see places like Garden Ridge putting out all their stuff I really get in the mood. One month til I really start decorating.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:20 pm

Yesterday's advertising in the newspaper had the MIchael's circular and they have begun to include Fall merchandise!!!
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

HorrificHeather
Crypt Keeper

Post by HorrificHeather » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:25 pm

I just happended to stop by my local Walgreens today....They have some Halloween Decorations out!!!!! I just about lept from my skin in pure delight! It begins...

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:17 am

You are lucky Heather. I have two Walgreens near me. I never saw them put out there stuff at this time. But I will check next time I go there.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Snoopy/Red Baron
Crypt Keeper

Post by Snoopy/Red Baron » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Walgreens is one of my favorite places to go for Halloween decor and usually marks the "kick-off" of the Halloween decorating season for me, so I am extra excited to hear about this. Everyyear when the put their stuff up, I also get the "It begins..." feeling. I'm heading out to check my walgreens today.

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:14 pm

I love Walgrrens at Halloween! :D
~Nicholas Gordon

HorrificHeather
Crypt Keeper

Post by HorrificHeather » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:53 pm

Be sure to check top shelves if you go. I happended to be wandering around in the candy isle, and just looked up, and the whole top shelf was nothing but Halloween stuff. Havent seen anything elsewhere...But I'm always on the lookout!

cwolfe83
Master Reaper

Post by cwolfe83 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:34 pm

I want to get in the Halloween mood, but this heat is really killing it for me. :( I hope it starts to get cooler soon, that really helps me get into the Halloween spirit. :D

Ghoul Friday
Zombie

Post by Ghoul Friday » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:59 pm

I don't start getting twitchy until the first week in August.

*looks at the calendar*

Soooo...I guess I'm good for another two weeks ;)
In the mood for the mutterings of a mad woman? Visit my website at http://www.ghoulfriday.com

van schaick
Ghost

Post by van schaick » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:48 am

Me too, I have six young children and we start decorating on September 1st (my birthday) I just can't seem to wait any longer than that. Than everyweekend in Oct. we do activiteies, that are Halloween related. This year since Halloween is on a Friday, we are haveing a patry. I have benn orderin decorations like mad, and when they arrive my husband has to put them down stairs of I will put them out in the house.

mshaver
Ghost

Post by mshaver » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:58 am

I have been surfing the web for some good ideas. I am getting those Halloween butterflies in my stomach. There are some really talented people here. I can only hope to aspire to their greatness. I do wished I weren't so technology challenged. I will definitely be checking out target this year and I love Walgreens too!
Who ya gonna call???? Ghostbusters!!!!!

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:01 pm

Hey guys! Sorry I was gone yesterday the internet would not work for some reason. My dad went to Walgreens yesterday and when he came back he told me they had Halloween candy there. :D I cannot believe it! In my opinion, they should be putting out costumes right now. Lots of people like to get there costumes early. But candy can wait until it is closer to Halloween. Unless you want to avoid the rush and get it before everyone else buys the good candy.
~Nicholas Gordon

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:08 pm

Oh, I forgot to say something. I am going to I Party and Michaels today to see if they have anything out. I Party had signs all over the store at this time last year saying they would put there Halloween stuff out in August. If they do not have Halloween stuff out right now I am sure they will have those signs out again. It is thrilling just to see those! :D And I read a lot of good things about Michaels here so I am looking forward to checking them out to.
~Nicholas Gordon

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:44 pm

I just came back from those 2 stores. I Party has some fall things and Halloween make up and costumes. And some pirate party supplies. That is it for now. I saw a pile of boxes with a rubber skeleton on top of one of the bottom boxes. Looks like they are getting ready! :twisted: Dad bought me a clown nose for my evil clown costume.

When I went to Michaels they had fall stuff everywhere. I did not see any Halloween stuff until dad pointed out some Halloween stuff. I was so excited! :D They had more stuff then I Party.
~Nicholas Gordon