Group Story: ICE MOUNTAIN, A Chirstmas Tale

Books, poems, stories and other tales!

Postby Dudley on Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:02 am

SUBJECTS FOR FURTHER RESEARCH

The story of the art forgers getting pardons for paintings is true. It is still not known to this day which paintings were fakes, which were real..one of the best aspects is the employment of forgers who duped THE PAPERWORK.

Baby Cheeks is the nick name of a real honest to goodness forger, but he went on to become a painter in his own right, and stayed in the south of France.

Ben is a mix of two people who actually did what I descibed. One arranged charity drops. The other wrote people to encourage them. Him I knew. He actually got replies back, one from a famous murder case that is still controversial to this day. When his cancer treatments got pricey he duped the autograph and kept the dupe and sold the original.

He is going in for his last round this year, and had everyone over for cantonese that had enough MSG to fry an elephant in it, and left us with various momentos while he can still remember doing it. This story is dedicated to him.

The prices and movies and games are as close to real as I could get. Movies and best sellers are as they appeared in papers at the time.

The line about Jesus being Jesus and Santa being Santa I heard once at a restaurant and just had to use.
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Previous

Return to Christmas Literature