Decorating already???

Discussion of general Halloween topics
autumn
Vampire

Decorating already???

Post by autumn » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:51 am

One of my neighbors has started decorating for Halloween already. They have a skeleton hanging on their front door. Has anyone else seen Halloween decorations up yet? As much as I can't wait to get out the decorations, it's a little early for me. But I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:01 am

Yeah, well I have some of the window stickys up now... I had a few children over the other day and let them go crazy with the window stuff... First week of September I'll be digging out my decorations and enjoying haunting my house!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:25 am

There's a house near me that decorates for Halloween on 9/1 or so; I noticed it last year. And then on 11/1, they blast right past Thanksgiving & put up Christmas!
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:34 am

I don't think I've ever seen anyone decorate the house up for Thanksgiving.

Maybe some animatronic pilgrims chopping the head off a turkey, but that's still Halloween ins't it?? :?

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:38 am

Oh I have seen people decorate for Xmas November 1st... tree and everything...
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:39 am

LOL!!! I love that!

Around here, they get those big blowup lawn things of turkeys in between Halloween & Christmas. Or, for instance, my mom puts Indian corn on the door. Stuff like that. It's silly, granted, especially those turkeys, but Christmas on 11/1 is pushing it.

There was this festival event I went to last year, Halloween in December. I won the costume contest, and my "prize" was to come up in front of everyone & take a mallet to a chocolate Santa. It was hilarious. You just reminded me with talk of violent pilgrims.
~Anonymous

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:42 am

Yeah, kinda early for Xmas for me too... but I suppose people think that of me when I have Halloween stuff up in September... To each their own I guess! LOL

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:44 am

Halloween in December??? How cool is that?!

Now there's an idea that should be passed around and used.

Maybe some Thanksgiving decorations could include yard art turkey legs, pumpkin pies, and cranberries. Considering how fat this country seems to be getting you'd think there'd be more people decorating for a holiday that's based around a meal! :wink:

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:49 am

LOL... well for me Thanksgiving is in October so I decorate my thanksgiving dinner table with Harvest stuff and Halloween stuff too... I love mixing the two holidays together... It seems to mesh good... Harvest colors are about the same as Halloween colors... colder days and all that stuff...

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:49 am

Pennywise, that's different. It's never too early for Halloween. I mean, really.

Dr. Strange, look here: http://www.halloweenindecember.com/

I don't think they're doing that event again (too bad, 'cause it was great), but I'm going to their Wicked Labyrinth at the end of September & Wicked Faire in February (http://www.wickedfaire.com).
~Anonymous

Halloween Freek
Master Reaper

Post by Halloween Freek » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:29 am

My decorations are up :D

We should start a national movement, and have everyone put their Decorations up September 1 :lol:

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:46 am

Oh, if only I had enough time between now & tomorrow! I would SO join you! I am sending my party evite today, though. That's been decided.
~Anonymous

Halloween Freek
Master Reaper

Post by Halloween Freek » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:55 am

Larissa wrote:Oh, if only I had enough time between now & tomorrow! I would SO join you! I am sending my party evite today, though. That's been decided.
You can decorate inside your house!

I'm pulling an all-nighter tonite, the entire yard will be transformed by morning

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:08 pm

I picked up some tombstones, fall leaf garland, potion bottles and two Halloween bear figurines for my office. I'll probably put them out when I get back from vacation at the end of this month. At home, the harvest will come out this weekend. Can't wait! :D :D
Don't drink and fly...

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:10 pm

Oh, Freek, you have no idea how much stuff has to go to the basement before Halloween can come upstairs. I have a LOT of <deleted>.
~Anonymous