New Member Introduction, #3

Discussion of general Halloween topics
HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: New Member Introduction, #3

Post by HalloweenDot » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:10 am

We are moving the forums to Halloween.BIZ. Just FYI. :-)
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:56 pm

Oh, so that's why I've had trouble getting in for the last 24 hrs!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:59 pm

I hope others are able to find this place. I was looking for Halloween.com, and that took me nowhere. I finally just typed in Halloween, and tried the .biz thing when it came up. But I'd never heard of .biz. It was a relief when it brought me here.

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:17 pm

He sent a notification email to everybody, but for some reason it got sent to the spam folder, it's a good thing that I check the spam regularly or I wouldn't know.

It would be interesting to know why he would change the website name after almost 30 years, but we probably won't get a answer, if I had to guess I would say that someone paid a lot to get the old website name.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:29 pm

OK so I'm not new...but I received an email that the board had moved.
It's been a LONG time since I haunted the Halloween forums, but I think it's time I rose from the dead...
Yeah yeah puns were intended.
Anyway I guess this is my new introduction to the NEW version of this forum...so...
How is everyone doing!? :)
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:45 pm

Mau, it's wonderful to hear from you! The last I heard you were starting college at Mary Baldwin. How did that go? What are you doing now?

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:50 pm

Well I got my Bachelor's Degree. Turns out that it was only an English Degree and not English with an Education Minor. That was a bit disappointing.
So now I'm trying to jump through hoops to get my teaching license and it's proven to be rather difficult.
I did manage to get a position at a local elementary school as a TA where I assist special needs students who need a little extra support. It's great to have this kind of experience, because I still plan on becoming a teacher at some point. I did work at a local High School for a while as well, but had to quit due to certain requirements they were making me do that affected my health. That's the short version of the story anyway.
How have you been? What have you been up to?
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:56 pm

Around here, the prospective teachers often take a 5th year of college to get a master's degree (in education, I think). That sets them up for the teaching license. My husband, whose BA is from Vanderbilt, earned his teaching license through Mary Baldwin education department when I was teaching there.

I don't think I remember what year you stopped posting here. All my kids are through college now, but two of them still live at home with us. My daughter graduated from Sewanee in 2019. I was grateful her college career was unaffected by the pandemic, but, man! Did the pandemic shutdowns take the wind out of her sails post-college. Same for her bros, who are older. It was ok for my husband and me. Being in a holding pattern at our age is ok. Not so much for the young adults.

I did start taking some pretty amazing road trips in 2020. That year, my older son and I had planned to go to Germany, but it got shut down. So we elected to do the Lewis and Clark Trail instead, and my younger son came, too. The next two years we did the Great Lakes. In '21 we took a cabin on the Erie Shore in Ohio. The next year we did pretty much the whole coastline of Michigan, taking in Mackinac Island and the UP and Sleeping Bear Dunes, etc. This year we hit Texas because of a family reunion in Austin. We added San Antonio and Corpus Christi. So I guess we've rediscovered the Great American Road Trip. Everybody should do this. We have such an astonishing, amazing country!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:36 am

MauEvig wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:29 pm OK so I'm not new...but I received an email that the board had moved.
It's been a LONG time since I haunted the Halloween forums, but I think it's time I rose from the dead...
Yeah. Me too. I also got the email. Lucky I changed it recently! No longer have access to my old gmail.

r/Halloween is really going to pot. Reddit itself is self-destructing. Like so many other social services? I miss MySpace. :D I thought about going back to Usenet but decided to see what y'all are up to. I think about the old days. Had so much fun here. I'll do my best to keep in touch.

Murf! Good to still se you here! Witchy, Andy, and Pumkinhead still around?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:12 am

Good to see you, too, Nevermore! I've seen Witchy and Andy. I hope the recent emails pull a few more old timers back in.

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:30 pm

Murfreesboro wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:56 pm So I guess we've rediscovered the Great American Road Trip. Everybody should do this.
I want to do the road trip thing with my family eventually when my kids are older, they just turned 6 and 9 so maybe in a few years we can do it. I really want to visit some of the great haunts across the country that I've heard of, I recently found out about one called Haunted Overload located in Lee, New Hampshire, this place looks amazing, I know that from what I've seen that just walking through there would bring delight to my soul, and I honestly can't wait to go there when the kids are older. If you want to check it out, you can look it up on youtube, or click the link below, the video shows the place both during the day and night time, and it must be beautiful to experience in person. I wish there were places like this when I was a kid, I would just live there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxV4eI9Quu8

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:07 pm

I look forward to viewing that video when I have a little more time. Sounds interesting!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:37 pm

I love Grimm Life Collective. Been following them since they were guests on Creature Features a while back.

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:22 am

I've been watching GLC for a few years, and I love their videos. I wish that I could travel the country and make videos like they do, but it's just not possible so at least we can experience these places through them and other people.

There are so many great youtubers that have awesome Halloween content, and there are a few that I watch regularly, but I know there are so many more that I just can't get around to watching because of my schedule.

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:44 am

It's been about 2 weeks since that email was sent out and so far only 2 older members came back, maybe more will show up soon.

Andy hasn't been here in awhile, I hope that he got the email, and that he's having a good summer.