A Christmas Carol

Books, poems, stories and other tales!
SnowMau
What is the highest number?: 3452
Location: Throwing Snowballs at the neighbor kids XD Just kidding.

A Christmas Carol

Postby SnowMau » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:53 pm

I'm surprised the Charles Dickens Classic hasn't been discussed here, or if it has I probably missed it. There are so many different interpretations of the classic in movies, but there's one original classic book. I can't remember all the details, but I can't think of a Christmas Classic that has been done so much and that everyone remembers.

Some of the more notable versions I think are "A Muppet Christmas Carol" "Scrooged" "An American Christmas Carol" and there's the new one with Jim Carey, and there's the Mickey Mouse one, and it goes on and on. I even remember watching a somewhat modern version but with a female character named Carol, titled "A Carol Christmas."

Anyone ever see any of these? Anyone ever read the book? What's your favorite interpretation? How does it compare?
Look out Rudolph, Santa might just replace you with the cute, magical, Christmas Kittens!

Santa-Ridley
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: A Christmas Carol

Postby Santa-Ridley » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:32 pm

SnowMau wrote:I'm surprised the Charles Dickens Classic hasn't been discussed here, or if it has I probably missed it. There are so many different interpretations of the classic in movies, but there's one original classic book. I can't remember all the details, but I can't think of a Christmas Classic that has been done so much and that everyone remembers.

Some of the more notable versions I think are "A Muppet Christmas Carol" "Scrooged" "An American Christmas Carol" and there's the new one with Jim Carey, and there's the Mickey Mouse one, and it goes on and on. I even remember watching a somewhat modern version but with a female character named Carol, titled "A Carol Christmas."

Anyone ever see any of these? Anyone ever read the book? What's your favorite interpretation? How does it compare?

Actually, it has been discussed here. :)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=49

Any way, "A Christmas Carol" is without a doubt a classic Christmas novel. It was written by Charles Dickens and was published in December 19, 1843. A hard bitter man learns what the true meaning of Christmas is and changes his ways. In the end he ends up being a blessing to those around him, instead of shunning them like he did before.

I've seen all the movie adaptions of this book and like them all, but my favorite film would be the from 1951 starring Alastair Sim as none other than Ebenezer Scrooge.
"Santa Claus never lies, Joe."-Santa Claus

"...Lovely, glorious, beautiful Christmas, upon which the entire kid year revolved."-Ralphie as Adult

Return to “Christmas Literature”