How old were you when?

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

How old were you when?

Postby Snow-flake on Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:24 am

You found out the truth about Santa???

I was in the 4th or 5th grade, and I remember this mean boy telling me he wasn't real, and I think I blasted him with a snowball in the face, and then ran home bawling...but my mom turned it all around for me, and I kept it going for maybe another year or 2.

My son never questioned anything until last year...and he was 12...so I think he lasted a really long time, but that's because he has no brothers or sisters...he heard things from other kids...but he didn't believe them.

I think that hanging on to your childhood for as long as possible, helps by things like believing in Santa...because your childhood is so short...and I am grateful for parents who really made the whole feel of Christmas be really magical for me.
Snow-flake

Postby Dudley on Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:50 pm

I found in in Grade Three. Laurie told me.

Had this THUD in my gut and I knew it was true. That's why I just LOVE cousn eddie in NLCV when he says:"Are you SERIOUS, Clark??" when Chevy tells him they've spotted Santa.

Rave on, Eddie.

With my kids I would chew some carrots and spit them out the back door and stomp up and down the backyard.

They would leave Santa stuff OTHER then cookies and milk..you know, waffles, chips, submarine sandwich, burrito, it made them feel SPECIAL because they figured Santa would get SICK of nothing but cookies and milk...THEY left Santa CHOW MEIN, they would proudly tell their friends..and HE leaves US special things..and of course, the little friends would want to leave out something like chow mein, and then their parents would lower the boom and...

But my kids believed a lot longer because I had these cardboard cut outs stored away..they would point to them and see it as PROOF he existed.

Weird.
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby GreenElf on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:48 pm

Well I think I really realized the whole "secret" around the age of 10-11...the same age as my daughter now. She has been asking me however but I just keep it going as my 4 year old is listening and to be honest my parents never did actually come out and tell me. I think they realized the point I knew what goes on but to this day we still speak of Santa and yes I do still receive a few Santa gifts but for some reason they are always under my parents tree :? when I go to visit them on Christmas and I am 28 years old. I think that it is like a unspoken understanding in our family and it will most likely come down to that with my children. I have spoke to my daughter a bit about it on the down low and mentioned that Santa represents part of the magic of Christmas and as long as you believe in the "magic of Christmas" then he will always exist in some way.... I don't think I could ever bring myself to verbally say the the words ...Santa does _ _ _ exisist... Personally I find it a touchy subject but it is funny even when there are no children around if I am having a discussion with another adult of any age I always refer to Santa like I am a close personel friend... :)
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby MHooch on Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:26 pm

What truth about Santa??? :shock:
MHooch

Postby IluvChristmas on Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:08 am

Yes, what about Santa?

He is busy up North right?

I will always believe. It is in our hearts and our minds.

It is a wonderful thing to adore with your children and their grandchildren. (When I get some)

I too was never told.. You just grow up with the warmth of the season and you keep the Old White Wiskered man in your dreams.

It is called Christmas Spirit!!!! 8)

I believe!!!!!!!!
IluvChristmas

Postby GreenElf on Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:09 pm

Yes thats right...The Christmas Spirit is always with us...
GreenElf

Postby Winnie Sanderson on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:28 pm

I still believe!!!!
Winnie Sanderson

Postby Dudley on Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:56 pm

Well, THAT would explain a few things..

we get this guy on the roof of the hospital last year..says he's looking for Hooch and Winnie and E.M and Snow flake, has maps and reindeer and this big SLEIGH..we give him some Maxwell House and some a couple of subs..let him keep the rig up there..it's a big roof, right??? And our clients don't see anything out of the ordinary..THEY'VE been seeing Santa on the roof for YEARS...kind of nice actually...Maybe this year he'll hang around long enough to enjoy the chinese food we make..

by the way, you have all been very good, and you are getting what you want..except for YOU...he CAN'T bring Pierce Brosnan...you get videos..
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby Winnie Sanderson on Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:55 pm

LOL....
Winnie Sanderson

Postby candycane on Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:16 pm

I BELIEVE!
candycane

Postby GreenElf on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:21 pm

These are suppose to be santa webcams of his house outside and in. I forget where I got them...I think from one of the users that were confronted for self promoting or something but I looked these up and thought it was pretty neat.

http://www.santaclaus.fi/?deptid=11779

http://www.santaclauslive.com/webcam_sisa.php

Just thought I would add them.
GreenElf

Postby Sinter-Klaus on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:35 am

My parents never tried to get me into beileving in santa and I always was a little dissipointed in that, I'm hoping that if I do end up having kids (right now I'm seriously considering a vow of celibacy.) I want to nurture their childhood for as long as possible. I had to grow up real fast, by around age 8 I knew more about the world than most eighteen year olds, I guess its that that makes me weigh innocence so heavilly in todays world, especially how hard it is to retain any sense of innocence anymore.
Sinter-Klaus

Postby Christmas-Lover on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:50 pm

As Long as you love something and believe in it ANYTHINGS possible!
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
Christmas-Lover

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:52 pm

Uuuhhhh................... What is everyone talking about??
Ol' Black Pete

Postby Christmas Knight on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:05 pm

Wait...there is no Santa? :shock: You guys must be kidding, so come on and stop, I'm getting worried.
Christmas Knight

Next

Return to Christmas Thoughts