Favorite Christmas pictures-past and present

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Favorite Christmas pictures-past and present

Postby Snow-flake on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:49 pm

Here's my Christmas tree from last year:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/ ... 115298.jpg
Snow-flake

Postby Snow-flake on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:56 pm

Here's me in the 70's. I loved this Christmas. I got the Bionic Woman Beauty Salon, and Perfection, and a Doublemint Gum sleeping bag, and a Spirograph, and I got the HoneyHill Bunch tree house and I loved it all!

My brother got Stretch Armstrong and a Cracker Jack Sleeping Bag...and some G.I. Joe stuff.

It was awesome:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/ ... 4819-1.jpg
Snow-flake

Postby Snow-flake on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:59 pm

This is about 1985-I was digging my 80's clothes. I loved my scrunchy boots.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/ ... 4823-1.jpg
Snow-flake

Postby GreenElf on Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:14 am

Great pictures. I feel like I will have to dig out some of my old Christmas pictures too. Its is so fun to look back on old times when I was growing up and just look at the clothes, the rooms, toys, hair styles and eveything. Thanks for sharing.
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby EvilMel on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:00 am

Here's a picture of my husband with the turkey he made last year, sorry it's a little small.

I've got a lot more Christmas pictures (mostly from the last few years, since I've been scrapbooking). I can post them this weekend from my computer at home.
EvilMel

Postby Dudley on Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:47 pm

My best picture I cannot show you.

It was made about 1965 - 1966. We are all standing in front of a mirror. Bow ties. Crew cuts. Skirts that stick out on the sides of my sisters like square dancing outfits. Dad in a green plaid tie. Mom in a very nice blue dress. The flash bulb going off in the mirror behind us like an egg has been thrown against the wall. We are beside the tree.

so is the dog. His leg is raised. He is looking bored. Only half awake. He is doing what he has done a million times to a million other trees.

The next picture was taken 10 seconds before for after this first one. Same group. Same pose. Same tree. Same dog. Same bland, bored dog expression. But this time, he is bending back on his hind legs. Squatting. You can see clearly what he is squatting to push out.

Gramma let me see this one on a slide..remember slides??? And I laughed and said I would turn that into a Christmas card. She looked at me with a cold angry look and said;"You little son of a &^Y%$ I will make sure I burn them before I die."

And low and behold, after she passed, we went through the boxes and boxes of slides, and she had nailed every single copy. Even the negatives. I could hear her laughing. Softly.
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby MHooch on Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:29 pm

You couldn't have POSED that picture!!
MHooch

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:14 am

Snow-flake wrote:This is about 1985-I was digging my 80's clothes. I loved my scrunchy boots.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/ ... 4823-1.jpg

OH MY! Spooky! Is that YOU?
Ol' Black Pete

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:57 am

Here are my favorite pics. I might not look like I know a whole lot but I assure you I remember this VIVIDLY!!!!!

This was the same year I saw the second airing of Rudolph and I STILL remember crying when Yukon and the Snowman fell over the cliff.

And... Would you look at this!!!! How many pics have you seen of kids cryyyin and screeeamin while on Santa's lap!!!

I'm tellin ya.... THIS kid knows EXACTLY what this whole sha-bang is all about!!!!!!!

This last one is a special moment in time that I, incredibly, remember more vividly than one might think I could.... We were driving in what I believe was my Dad's Borg Ward station wagon (if anyone can find a picture of what I'm talking about it would be GREATLY appreciated) when he pulled us into the parking lot of a Coast to Coast store (a popular hardware/department store here in the Portland area in the 1960's).

Dad left us all in the car and when he came back, he had two big boxes; One with an AMF race track set and one with a hobby horse zebra inside. My Mom said they were for someone else, but I knew better.

Christmas Morning, 1966 we woke up to shear greatness!!!!!

See those trees.....? Simple. Humble. Love.

Just a few satin threaded, styrafoam balls to help color a modest and sweet little tree. Johhny Mathis and Ray Conniff on the console and 'Glass-Wax' on the windows.

To this day.... THAT'S what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown!
Ol' Black Pete

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:43 am

I have to add this.... This is, of course, my beautiful and fetching Mrs. OBP while at last years 'Zoo Lights Festival'. Isn't her soooo cute!!!

My sweet hummy was so cold but you would'nt hear it from her! Her little nose doesn't do very well in the cold.

And the poor lil' thing in the tiger suit couldn't see very well and the person who was helping out the tiger for pics and all, kept saying, "over here, tiger, over here..... A little more to your left..... this way tiger!"

It was so cute and my heart is just a thump thumpin away at thinkin about it! Can't wait to go again this year!!!

Ol' Black Pete

Postby kallie0509 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:39 am

oh OBP, those pics are just too sweet!
kallie0509

Postby kallie0509 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:58 am

i don't know if these are necessarily my favorite, but they're all i could find for right now

this is me and my daughter she is eye-balling all the presents like, "oh my god WTF is that :D ?!"

these are some of her toys and my dog, pele. her dad probably took this pic. he can't take a pic to save his life. he always cuts everyones head off.

kallie0509

Postby airhead on Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:04 pm

Nice pics everybody.
airhead

Postby Silver Belle on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:02 pm

I just discovered this thread!!! I loved all these pictures, we must all find more!! 8) Sure did look like Spooky! :wink: Such cute pictures from you too Pete, and Mrs. Holly Cl'Oz and Kallie, GREAT to see you girls!! :D
'In the air there's a feeling of Christmas...'
Silver Belle

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:02 pm

Shoot, I don't have a scanner to put any of my pics up. I have one picture that brings back rather fond memories. I'm probably between 4 - 6 and I'm sitting in front of a big plastic Santa face light thing and I thought he really could see me all the time so I tried hard to be very, very good. I'd spend a lot of time conversing with him as well.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Next

Return to Christmas Thoughts