COMPANY"S COMING!!!!!

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

COMPANY"S COMING!!!!!

Postby GreenElf on Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:18 am

Well I have some very exciting news! my sister in law called me last night asked me a very important question. "We were wondering if we could spend Christmas at your house this year". My mouth dropped as they live in Alberta which is a very long ways away from me and they were COMING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D The reason that I am so excited is that I have not seen my brother in over two years and my sister in law come for a visist last year 2005 with their baby girl. Now I have had a chance to meet my niece that visit but since then they have had a baby boy who will turn 1 on Dec 2 (the date of their arrival) and all four of them will be sharing the holidays with us. So my brother, sister in law and theiir two children ages 2 and almost 1 will have lots of visiting to do as my parents live in the same area as well as her parents so the main issue for asking us is that they didn't want to favor one grandparents house over the other so we were nuetral ground for Christmas EVe and Christmas day!!! I am so stoked about this as I have not even had the opportunity to meet my nephew and we'll to be able to see my children and their children playing together especially on Christmas morning which will probably never happen again or not for a number of years. I did reassure them that if the get down here to visit and decide to change their minds on where they want to stay I would totally understand but I have to say I am bursting at the seems with holiday spirit and will just have to reframe myself from being too pumped on them bunkin with us!

I do know thier reasoning first hand though as last year was the first year we had our own home Christmas experience as previous years before we lived in the city in basement apartments and we would come and take turns from year to year on which house we were going to spend the holidays at. I know I'm blabbing but just need to share the good news....

in the words of Clark Griswold " I just wanted to have a good old fashioned Griswold Family Christmas"
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby MHooch on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:26 pm

Yeah for you!!! It's great that you are so excited about the visit. It is difficult to find that neutral ground when you have a family of your own. My siblings and I solved it by us all staying home and our PARENTS going from house to house visiting on Christmas day (we all live withing a few miles of one another). That has worked out well for us. But what a treat that your family will be together for the Holidays! Good for you, GreenElf!
MHooch

Postby GreenElf on Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:15 am

Thanks MHooch, I am still buzzing. YIPPIE!!!! :lol:
GreenElf

Postby EvilMel on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:13 am

That's pretty awesome. I'm more glad that you actually enjoy being around your family! That's even more awesome.
EvilMel

Postby GreenElf on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:26 am

YEah I suppose. Well when we were younger to be honest we didn't get along very well. I know all the sibling rivalry and all but it was hard core through our house. It wasn't until I moved out and had my own place and my younger brother and older sister went in their directions that we actually started getting close. It was the strangest thing really becuase we almost become best friends kind of relationships. Well not we are strung from one end of the country to the other but thank goodness for the internet as it is such a great medium of communication! Thats life and I love my relationship with my brother and sister now... But to see my brother and to see him as a dad will be so strange but great all wrapped up (in pretty xmas wrapping paper LOL) in one.
GreenElf

Postby EvilMel on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:29 am

Awesome!
EvilMel

Postby Dudley on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:42 am

God bless us, everyone, Green elf..

sounds like a great time..
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby Snow-flake on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:19 pm

I totally connect with your story. I am going to go see my neice for the first time this Sunday. She's a little over a year old, I have never seen her yet. I haven't seen my brother in 3 1/2 years. The thing is, he and I were as close as you could get as kids, but our parents got divorced, and he and I didn't see each other...because he didn't get along with my mom, and my mom now lives with me, so it made the whole thing a huge mess, but I am so glad I am going to see him.

I went shopping today and bought my neice 2 cute outfits, I couldn't believe the one I found...GreenElf you need to get one too....I got this at the Bon Ton...check it out:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/ ... rtever.jpg
Snow-flake

Postby GreenElf on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:52 pm

Great T-shirt...and oh so ture :lol: , thanks Snow-Flake...I will have to track down one for myself...Good luck with your baby niece, you must be so excited.
GreenElf

Postby GreenElf on Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:41 pm

Well my beautiful neice and nephew and sister in law arrived this past Saturday. I brought my children out to visit with them that evening as they requested. My sister in law and the children are staying at her mothers place for a few days before the mosey their way to my house. Oh they were so cute to see. I took a few pictures and here is a link to a short slide show of them.

http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/ ... eshow=true
GreenElf

Postby MHooch on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:18 am

Good for you! It's great that you've had this chance to visit. Thanks for sharing the pics!
"Making Christmas, Making Christmas....."
MHooch

Return to Christmas Thoughts