Christmas Safety Tips

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Christmas Safety Tips

Postby iSanta on Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:08 pm

As we head into the holiday season and the spirit of giving, make sure you don't give criminals a chance. Crooks love the holidays as much as everyne else, because they have more opportunities to commit crimes. Houses are jam-packed with tantalizing toys and glittering gifts. Families go out of town to visit relatives. Stores, malls and downtown streets are filled with unsuspecting shoppers. People start rushing around, stressed out and careless, looking for last-minute gifts, trying to get everything done. It's enough to make a crook spring into action. This time of the year calls for special safety measures. You must be extra careful to protect yourself and your family. ;)

Santa Claus says Merry Christmas to everyone and wishes everyone the best holidays! I love you!

HO HO HO!
iSanta

Re: Christmas Safety Tips

Postby iSanta on Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Here are some tips on how to celebrate safely this holiday season.

If you're going out of town:
Get an automatic timer for your lights. Ask a neighbor to watch your home, shovel snow, and park in the driveway from time to time. Don't forget to have mail and newspaper delivery stopped. If it piles up, it's a sure sign you're gone. Leave information on where you can be contacted in an emergency with a trusted neighbor and ask them to keep an eye on the house.

If you're out for the evening:
Turn on lights and a radio or TV so it looks like someone's home. Be extra cautious about locking doors and windows when you leave, even if it's just for a few minutes. Don't display gifts where they can be seen frm outside.

If you're shopping:
Stay alert and be aware of what's going on around you. Park in a well-lit space, and be sure to lock the car, close the windows, and hide shopping bags and gifts in the trunk. Avoid carrying large amounts of cash; pay with a check or credit card whenever possible. Deter pickpoclets and purse-snatchers. Don't overurden yourself with packages. Be extra careful with purses and wallets. Carry a purse close to your body, not dangling by the straps. Put a wallet in an inside coat or front pants pocket. Shopping with kids? Teach them to go to a store clerk or security guard if you get separated.

If a stranger comes to the door:
It's not uncommon for people to try to take advantage during the holidays by going door-to-door for charitable donations when there's no charity involved. Ask for an ID and ask questions. If you aren't satisfied, don't give.

If there are any more tips here, then please post here! Thanks. :D

Have A Safe Holiday!

Santa Claus says Merry Christmas to everyone and wishes everyone the best holidays! I love you!

HO HO HO!
iSanta

Postby Father Christmas on Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:16 pm

Crooks love the holidays as much as everyne else, because they have more opportunities to commit crimes.

Yep! Have you ever seen Home Alone?
Remember, Christmas isn't about gifts and lights.
Christmas is about the savior, who lights up the dark, on ALL nights.
Father Christmas

Location: I lived at the North Pole but Santa kicked me out for stealing the presents.

Postby iSanta on Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:32 pm

Yeah! I've seen that movie long time ago, and it was only good for all children. ;)

Home Alone is the best, but part 2 is okay. The third and fourth parts are boring.

HO HO HO!
iSanta

Return to Christmas Thoughts