I am getting there....

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

I am getting there....

Post by Spooky » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:00 am

I got alot done tonight. I don't know how either... these past few days I have had alot of personal stuff to deal with and it has been exhausting, I took my son out of public school permanently yesterday, because of emotional stress inflicted by the teachers on him, and yesterday was the icing on the cake for me, and now I have to put him in private school, so it has been really hard....today I had to take my mom to the doctor to get her cast off her leg, from foot surgery she had weeks ago, and then I had to go to the doctor...but even all that...I managed to get the caramel apples made, and wrapped up, and my mom carved a pumpkin from a stencil kit...it is a raccoon coming up out of a pumpkin. Hopefully the photo turned out. Then me and my husband and my neighbor put up all the crepe in the TV room, on the ceiling, and hung a bunch in the arch way going in to the room....my husband has a helium tank at work, and is taking balloons in to fill them all up. I am excited. I am also exhausted.
I had another friend of ours who stopped by this afternoon to visit, and she's bringing about 5 people with her, and told me of others that she ran in to on the street that said they were coming, and then we got more rsvp's tonight...it could be a madhouse in here. I don't think I have ever had this many people here ever. I hope my house can handle it.

kevin
Crypt Keeper

Post by kevin » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:07 am

So, something to add some fun.. I am not sure if you have a Spirit or something like that that sells these window and mirror clear post like decorations? I saw one that I thought was great.. it was the appearance of a foggy mirror, you put it on your mirror, and it has text fingered in as if someone blew their breath all over the mirror, that reads "Get Out", and has some eyes peering through some of the foggy mirror that has diminished a little. I thought that was a riot.

Another thought... put some cob web and a spider over the toilet bowl and close the lid... hopefully someone would look first. :D But youd ofcourse want another bathroom they could use.. or risk the cleanup problems if kids get in there first and decide to have fun.

I've got part of our decorations up. Went to Home Depot, got 2 2" thick pieces of styrofoam of some sort.. thick stuff, $4.50 each sheet, should be enough to make 2 headstones and a little left over to make part of another one. Picked up the stone colored spray paint. Also got some slimy rubber worms I figured I'd put in and around this skull I found for a coupel bucks. We got our cobweb mostly up, still have to put it on a little better tho. My wife found some little walk path way gates that light up.

Man, I spent WAY too much this year! Hopefully most of this stuff will last a few more years. Dang fog machines better not break on me for many years to come.

Waiting for Oct 31 for the 1/2 off sales! I can get tons of cob web for next year, and some more decorations. I'm going to start running out of room soon around my house. :D

mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:26 am

Spooky I am sure it will all work out. I bet your son will love his new school and your party will be a hit. I always say the more the merrier. My party has had more cancelations then RSVP's. I think next year I am going to do it earlier because it seems like everyone is having a party this saturday.

At least you are still being productive and getting things done!!!