Christmas in Your Neighborhood

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Christmas in Your Neighborhood

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:22 am

Since September, I've been to 19 stores that have Christmas decorations up! Already! And I haven't even begun to count all the holiday catalogs I've been getting in the mail. Has anyone else seen anything Christmas-Y?
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...:)
ChristmasPenguin

Re: Christmas in Your Neighborhood

Postby Chris on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:58 am

I have seen one store so far. Mostly I have seen Halloween stuff. I imagine that by November 1 or November 2 there will be a lot of stores with Christmas stuff out and about. I like the Halloween decorations and then I like when it switches over.

ChristmasPenguin wrote:Since September, I've been to 19 stores that have Christmas decorations up! Already! And I haven't even begun to count all the holiday catalogs I've been getting in the mail. Has anyone else seen anything Christmas-Y?
Chris

Time to put up the lights

Postby TrueNorth on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:40 pm

Yesterday in Minneapolis was the perfect day to put up Christmas lights outside. It was around 70 and probably our last nice weekend of the year. I was the first on our street to put up lights, though we wont turn them on for a couple of more weeks. Suspect most of my neighbors will be doing the same over the next two weekends. Around here a few people turn them on a week or so before thanksgiving, and it seems to gradually build night by night. Anyway, nice to get this project out of the way and nice to start the first round of unpacking Christmas decorations.
TrueNorth

Re: Christmas in Your Neighborhood

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:05 pm

Yes, same around here. I have also seen a few commercials.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...:)
ChristmasPenguin

Return to Christmas Thoughts