Need Frankenstein Lab decorating Ideas and Tips

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Tiffstrum
Ghost

Need Frankenstein Lab decorating Ideas and Tips

Post by Tiffstrum » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:04 pm

Hi,

I'm throwing a big Halloween Party and have decided to make my kitchen into Frankenstein's lab. I need help finding lab materials like vials and beakers and flasks. Plus I want to find a lifesize Frankenstein.

Does anyone know any cheap stores or online where I can get this type of stuff? I live in Southern Cali so if you know stores in that area....let me know. ALso ideas on how to make it really awesome would be helpful!

I appreciate it!

Thanks

mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:28 pm

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:02 am

Hi Tiffstrum...and welcome. Any glass containers with odd colored water (food coloring) in it will look good. I got a lot of little jars and vases and such at our local thrift store for just a few cents. A cauliflower trimmed a bit in a big container looks remarkably like a brain (and you can label it Abby Normal), and a fennel bulb (in the produce section) with the stems partially cut off resembles a heart. An aquarium pump makes bubbling solution, and you could even use dry ice to make smoking jars. Add a few tablespoons of milk to whatever color water you use, and that will make the solution murky and whatever is in the jar look even creepier. Doll parts, or even small dolls look very creepy. Don't forget tools, maybe a large needle and thread, bandages, you know, for stiching the "monster" together. And lots of cobwebs. Flour makes good "dust", too, if you don't mind cleaning it up later!! Have fun!