Christmas not aloud!

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Christmas not aloud!

Postby sunflower on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:52 am

When my son was in reception, in his class there is a johovist witness, I have no problem with anyone’s religion let me just state that.
But this poor little boy it must be hard.
In school when they have assemblies his mother comes to take him out, when it’s a birthday he doesn’t go in.

And when it was Christmas last year she cane to pick him up when they were singing carols, he had to sit out when the children were making crackers and cards!

He is sad and I think that maybe the parent is going over the top!
His friend gets really upset when he can’t go to birthdays or wonders why he does not get an invite.

Does anyone else think this is wrong!
sunflower

Re: Christmas not aloud!

Postby Chris on Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:52 pm

I have a friend who's ex husband is a Jehovah's Witness and they don't believe in celebrating birthdays or Christmas. So their son is somewhat caught in the middle. Of course he enjoys the birthdays etc with his mom. I think that his dad is accepting more that he is allowed to have parties with his mom. It is sad, although there is not much that anyone can do about it.

sunflower wrote:When my son was in reception, in his class there is a johovist witness, I have no problem with anyone’s religion let me just state that.
But this poor little boy it must be hard.
In school when they have assemblies his mother comes to take him out, when it’s a birthday he doesn’t go in.

And when it was Christmas last year she cane to pick him up when they were singing carols, he had to sit out when the children were making crackers and cards!

He is sad and I think that maybe the parent is going over the top!
His friend gets really upset when he can’t go to birthdays or wonders why he does not get an invite.

Does anyone else think this is wrong!
Chris

Postby Father Christmas on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:27 pm

It is sad. :cry: And really silly. They sing carols and his mom lets him sit bored with no fun. :? I don't understand it.
Father Christmas

Location: I lived at the North Pole but Santa kicked me out for stealing the presents.

Postby santacla on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:47 pm

I think parents need to be flexible about that type of thing or kids will be ostracized. But each kid's parents need to make that decision for themselves. ;-)

Bobby Claus wrote:It is sad. :cry: And really silly. They sing carols and his mom lets him sit bored with no fun. :? I don't understand it.
santacla
Site Admin

Return to Christmas Thoughts