Anyone Else in the Christmas Spirit????

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Re: Anyone Else in the Christmas Spirit????

Postby Thom on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:55 pm

Chris wrote:I agree it has been cooler here the last 2 weeks so it is definitely getting the spirit.

You can always help the Halloween spirit wherever you are by "boo-ing" people (http://www.halloween.com/how-to-boo-for-halloween.php). Obviously Thanksgiving wouldn't make sense, but Halloween is good anywhere!

Thom wrote:I've been feeling Christmas-y for a good couple of weeks now. Its about this time every year, when you start to get more of a chill in the air as autumn creeps in. I don't live in America so I don't have the same build-up of Halloween and Thanksgiving as some of you guys, but I really enjoy this time of year nonetheless. I think it is the fact that Christmas is around the corner but I love the autumnal weather, especially on a crisp, clear, sunny day. :D

Halloween unfortunately isn't too big a deal round my way, but perhaps this year I will get a little bit more involved! At the very least I will celebrate it in the knowledge that is one of the big signposts on the way to Christmas. :)
Thom

Postby Chris on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:28 am

Some friends of mine just moved from the US to Belgium, and I am not sure how much Halloween is celebrated there (except on base) but I am waiting for a report to find out!
Chris

Postby Christmasfairy on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:32 am

I have a printout on my office wall of a Christmas tree with the words "______ days before Christmas" underneath it. I've done this since last year. It's actually my officemates who made the printouts for me because they know I'm very fond of the Christmas season.

Only 64 days more to go!
Christmasfairy

Postby Chris on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:42 am

63 days, 11 hours, 18 minutes, 30 seconds here. ;-)

I like having the countdown too on the internet. It is fun to see it getting closer. Halloween is way to close now though!

Christmasfairy wrote:I have a printout on my office wall of a Christmas tree with the words "______ days before Christmas" underneath it. I've done this since last year. It's actually my officemates who made the printouts for me because they know I'm very fond of the Christmas season.

Only 64 days more to go!
Chris

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:13 pm

yeah, halloween is close! I enjoy it, but I'm not really a halloween kind of person. To me, Halloween means November, and November means the start of the xmas season!!!!
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...:)
ChristmasPenguin

Postby Christmasfairy on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:35 pm

I'm not really a Halloween person too, though I enjoy seeing the decorations and the different costumes people wear. November for me means Christmas is a few weeks away!
Christmasfairy

Postby Chris on Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:30 pm

Yes, only a few more days until Halloween then the Christmas season will really start. I like both, personally. ;-)

Christmasfairy wrote:I'm not really a Halloween person too, though I enjoy seeing the decorations and the different costumes people wear. November for me means Christmas is a few weeks away!
Chris

Postby reemus_claus on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:29 am

I am!!! I have been for about a month now!!! YAY :D :D :D

75 Days!!!!!!!!!!!
reemus_claus

Postby Andybev01 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:37 pm

I'm always in the Christmas mood.

I have a jazz CD of Christmas music that doesn't sound like it, unless you listen close to the melody.

I have in the car 365.
"What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
Dr. Seuss
Andybev01

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:37 am

YAY! The radio station started playing Christmas music! It's usually not until after Thanksgiving, so what a surprise when I turned on the radio this morning! :D
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...:)
ChristmasPenguin

Previous

Return to Christmas Thoughts