Anyone Else in the Christmas Spirit????

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Anyone Else in the Christmas Spirit????

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:50 pm

i've noticed most topics were posted in nov. or dec. is anyone still here? it's august and no one else in my family is in the xmas spirit!!! if you're feeling christmas-y, please reply!!! i'm so lonely!!!!
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...:)
ChristmasPenguin

Re: Anyone Else in the Christmas Spirit????

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:29 pm

123 more days!
Last edited by ChristmasPenguin on Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChristmasPenguin

Postby Reemus on Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:07 am

Hey,, I'm New To this Forum! But I Love It! I'm Christmas-y All 365 Days Of The Year! I Just LOVE IT!

Woo Christmas Rules!
Merry Christmas People,, Not Long Now Till Christmas 2008!!!
Reemus

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:42 am

yay!!! thanks, reemus, i feel better now! I've only been here a cuople days, too, but welcome! :D
ChristmasPenguin

Postby jollyhelperelf on Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:27 am

I'm in the Christmas spirit all year as well. I am over half done with my shopping, I always try to finish early so that I can enjoy the season. I have to set aside Christmas for a few week for Halloween but I am excited about that. I have already filled my MP3 player with Bing and Nat King Cole so I'm just counting down days now!

Jolly Helper Elf

My family thinks I'm crazy and I hear "Christmas is still three months away... " when I am thinking "Yay! Christmas is only three months away!"
jollyhelperelf

Postby Father Christmas on Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:10 pm

I am not really in the Christmas spirit right now but I do drop in here sometimes. I think I'll will be here more after Thanksgiving.
Remember, Christmas isn't about gifts and lights.
Christmas is about the savior, who lights up the dark, on ALL nights.
Father Christmas

Location: I lived at the North Pole but Santa kicked me out for stealing the presents.

Postby christmas2008 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:25 pm

ya i also feel the christmas in september. read some sites like http://christmas.onebp.com . Definitely You also feel more christmas all around the year. If you want i can suggest some more site to your interest:
christmas2008

Postby Chris on Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:06 am

I'm in the "getting ready for the fall and the fall holidays season" spirit. ;-) I like the entire build up from the beginning of fall to Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and NY.

christmas2008 wrote:ya i also feel the christmas in september. read some sites like http://christmas.onebp.com . Definitely You also feel more christmas all around the year. If you want i can suggest some more site to your interest:
Chris

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:44 pm

jollyhelperelf wrote:I'm in the Christmas spirit all year as well. I am over half done with my shopping, I always try to finish early so that I can enjoy the season. I have to set aside Christmas for a few week for Halloween but I am excited about that. I have already filled my MP3 player with Bing and Nat King Cole so I'm just counting down days now!

Jolly Helper Elf

My family thinks I'm crazy and I hear "Christmas is still three months away... " when I am thinking "Yay! Christmas is only three months away!"

wow.you really sound exactly like me!!!! :lol:
ChristmasPenguin

Postby theirishmangeoff on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:41 am

Hi All,

Unfortunately Im going to be very dumb here, as Im not from America, I don't know all the ins and outs of the fall and thanksgiving. Could someone give me the low down on it awhen it is and whats it about. Think the fall is about Autumn coming in but as for the holidays what are they and what do you all do!!
theirishmangeoff

Postby Chris on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:53 am

Hi,

That is not dumb at all! It is just lack of exposure to them. ;-) :D

Fall is essentially Autumn coming in, which is in the 22nd of September.

After that is Halloween. Halloween is October 31st (All Hallow's Eve - e.g. the evening before All Saints Day). You can see more about it on http://www.Halloween.com/. If you look at the Halloween.com forums, there are a lot of people there who talk about decorating etc. There are pumpkins, and witches and all kinds of fun stuff.

Then comes Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving is something like a harvest festival. There was one Sept 8, 1565 in what is now St. Augustine Florida, but the traditional first Thanksgiving was in 1621 in Plymouth Plantation in what is now Plymouth, Mass. It is near the end of November each year, on a Thursday. It is generally a day of family dinners and turkey and other fun things. There is some information on http://www.Thanksgiving.info. (And there will be more information there soon).

Does that help? Other questions?

theirishmangeoff wrote:Hi All,

Unfortunately Im going to be very dumb here, as Im not from America, I don't know all the ins and outs of the fall and thanksgiving. Could someone give me the low down on it awhen it is and whats it about. Think the fall is about Autumn coming in but as for the holidays what are they and what do you all do!!
Chris

Postby ChristmasFanatic on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm

I'm always in the Christmasy mood, but it really kicks in near the end of August and early September. :mrgreen: My family has always called me their 'Christmas Angel', because I love it so...I guess I kind of get everyone caught up in the spirit, although I have to say, most of my family is big into Christmas....they introduced me to it as a baby. :lol:
Ahhh....I love this Christmasy time of year!
ChristmasFanatic

Postby Chris on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:07 am

It is more difficult to be in Florida and Christmas-y in August, but I still try to manage!

ChristmasFanatic wrote:I'm always in the Christmasy mood, but it really kicks in near the end of August and early September. :mrgreen: My family has always called me their 'Christmas Angel', because I love it so...I guess I kind of get everyone caught up in the spirit, although I have to say, most of my family is big into Christmas....they introduced me to it as a baby. :lol:
Chris

Postby Thom on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:32 pm

I've been feeling Christmas-y for a good couple of weeks now. Its about this time every year, when you start to get more of a chill in the air as autumn creeps in. I don't live in America so I don't have the same build-up of Halloween and Thanksgiving as some of you guys, but I really enjoy this time of year nonetheless. I think it is the fact that Christmas is around the corner but I love the autumnal weather, especially on a crisp, clear, sunny day. :D
Thom

Postby Chris on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:23 am

I agree it has been cooler here the last 2 weeks so it is definitely getting the spirit.

You can always help the Halloween spirit wherever you are by "boo-ing" people (http://www.halloween.com/how-to-boo-for-halloween.php). Obviously Thanksgiving wouldn't make sense, but Halloween is good anywhere!

Thom wrote:I've been feeling Christmas-y for a good couple of weeks now. Its about this time every year, when you start to get more of a chill in the air as autumn creeps in. I don't live in America so I don't have the same build-up of Halloween and Thanksgiving as some of you guys, but I really enjoy this time of year nonetheless. I think it is the fact that Christmas is around the corner but I love the autumnal weather, especially on a crisp, clear, sunny day. :D
Chris

Next

Return to Christmas Thoughts