The In Between Season

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

The In Between Season

Postby Big Steve on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi Everyone,
How is everyone managing the "in between" season with Spring approaching? Our decorations may have just just come down (all except one), but the recipes are still out and we are looking down the road for next Thanksgiving and Christmas! I need to admit that on the weekends we listen to Christmas music when we clean the house.

What is everyone up to during these sort of quiet days?

Big Steve
Big Steve

Postby Silver Belle on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:22 am

What??? There are quiet days?? We don't have those in our house.. :lol: Right now I'm very much caught up in the pre-K teaching thing with our sons--trying to make sure they're ready for Kindergarten in the fall. That and keeping up with other daily operations takes up ALL my time. :lol: But Big Steve, I gotta tell ya, I'm slightly more of a Halloween than a Christmas addict, so I'm really looking forward to that first. :wink: Don't get me wrong though, Christmas rocks too--that's why I keep checking in here every so often, to see what you guys are up too...it is very quiet around here right now. There are some posters that are missed, I hope they come back closer to the season. :D
'In the air there's a feeling of Christmas...'
Silver Belle

Postby hollybell on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:49 am

I agree what are quiet days. lol My daughter just got her tonsils and adnoids out on wensday. She did fine, and is recovering nicely. She is also getting ready to start kindergarten in the fall and i'm trying to get into nursing school in the fall as well. It never stops here.

I do miss the fall and starting of the holidays, but it will here before ya know it. Also we will start to see halloween stuff by end of july beggining of august. So it's not far.
Have a good one,
Hugs,
Marti
hollybell

Postby Big Steve on Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:29 pm

We are looking into doing egg shell Christmas art, something new for us.
My guess is this could be a good Haloween thing to do to!!!It would be nice to make a small setting of them, or just try some tree decorations from egg shells for starters. Some can probably be painted or cut a little and have a small fugure inside. I am starting to look into it and will let everyone know how it is going. It sounds like fun!!!

Big Steve
Big Steve

Postby hollybell on Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:40 am

Big Steve,

It does sound like fun. Let me know when u find out something. i have 4 little people. that would be something good to do with them.

How's the weather there/ cold and snowy?
have a good one,
Hugs,
Marti
hollybell

Postby santacla on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:07 pm

I too miss the holiday season.

Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas/N.Y. All in all a wonderful time.
santacla
Site Admin

Postby iSanta on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:26 pm

Me too! I miss all holidays like Halloween, TG Day, XMAS, New Years, Valentine's Day, etc!

Then, it's St. Patrick's Day and Easter this month! And, in May, to honor all Memorial Day! Also, 4th of July!!! I love fireworks!!! :D

HALLOWEEN is only one of my favorite holidays every year!! It's like Halloween everyday!!! I have and always still dreaming about halloween nightmares almost every night!!! :evil:

Santa Claus says Merry Christmas to everyone and wishes everyone the best holidays! I love you!

HO HO HO!
iSanta

Re: The In Between Season

Postby Big Steve on Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:49 pm

Hi Santa,
I really do like the new look of the forum site. Very nice!!!! :D

Here is the catalog I think we will order from to start some egg shell Christmas art. We always noticed those beutiful eggshells in the gift stores and wondered if we could begin making our own. This is our way we use the in-between time until next Christmas, and maybe if we are good we might wind up wth some eggshells for the tree too. We looked around and they seem to have things that are reasonable and not too complicated for beginners like us. Let me know how you are doing and I will let you know too!!

http://www.eggart.com.au/

Big Steve
Big Steve

Postby iSanta on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:27 pm

Hi Steve!

Thanks for this message about the forums! I know you love to color the eggs as XMAS!!! Looks good!!!

Anyway, didn't you know that we have 3 different forums?? In case, if you don't know... then go see...

HALLOWEEN.COM FORUMS

SANTA CLAUS FORUMS

EASTER BUNNY FORUMS

I hope to see you there in our EASTER BUNNY board asap!!! :wink:

And, please understand that Thanksgiving Day is always in this Santa Claus board! Be sure not to get yourself confused! :D

Santa Claus says Merry Christmas to everyone and wishes everyone the best holidays! I love you!

HO HO HO!
iSanta

Postby ksrjreed on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:47 pm

This isn't the in between time, this is the preseason for the best season, this is the time we take stock of everything and start making plans for the upcoming holiday season.
"As odd as it sounds, I didn't think to ask the butcher where the chocolate was." LUTHER KRANK
ksrjreed

Postby Shinok87 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:25 am

this season is pretty rough with finals approaching... an engineering major does not enjoy finals. but my bday is the day after finals are done so im stoked for that
Shinok87

Return to Christmas Thoughts