Fun Halloween Movies?

Halloween and Horror Movies
tabbathehutt
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Fun Halloween Movies?

Post by tabbathehutt » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:34 am

Hi guys, my best friend is coming into town this weekend to do our annual Halloween Movie viewing. We have been doing this since we were freshmen in college and we like kind of non-traditional Halloween movies (as in, not scary horror movies). EVERY year we watch Hocus Pocus and The Nightmare Before Christmas. This year I also have The Corpse Bride and Arsenic and Old Lace if we want to watch either of those. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Again, we're not really into gore or horror movies. :)

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:22 pm

I watch Hocus Pocus every year too but here are a few others that are not gory but have a horror/occult feeling to them a bit you might be interested in.

High Spirits, Flatliners, The spoof Scary Movie series, Nothing But Trouble, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Shaun of the Dead (A bit gory but funny too), Ghostbusters 1,2 &3, Buffalo 66 (not horror but I found a very dark cold movie), Event Horizon, Sin City, Natural Born Killers (one of my top 10 altime fav's), Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, American Psyhco, Psycho.... hmm I can't think of anything else right now that is in the middle range....
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

tabbathehutt
Zombie

Post by tabbathehutt » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:07 pm

Shaun of the Dead would be a fun one to watch, and I own it so I wouldn't even have to go rent it! :) You know, you made me think of Evil Dead as well, those movies might be kinda fun. I really liked the Rocky Horror Picture Show suggestion too. My brother's coming over today, so maybe I'll have him bring me his copy. Thanks!

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:29 pm

if you can somehow find a bootleg of monster house (i don't know if it's out on dvd yet), that would be good. it takes place during halloween and was actually quite a good movie
trick or treat

tabbathehutt
Zombie

Post by tabbathehutt » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:37 pm

I've been wanting to see Monster House and I bet it would be the perfect kind of movie to watch, but I don't think it's out yet... I actually got to see the storyboards of the movie when the studio was getting ready to start work on it, so I've been wanting to see that movie for a very long time now. I'm going to google it and find out when it comes out on dvd. Thanks! :)

Spooky Sam
Crypt Keeper

Post by Spooky Sam » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:05 pm

Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were Rabbit

It takes place around Halloween.
Do I SCARE you?

black angel
Ghost

Post by black angel » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:38 am

try the scary movie series because they take off actual horror and gore movies and just make it funny which I think would be a fun way to spend halloween with ur bestie...remember to have popcorn or any kind of snack food tht u would usually have at a halloween sleepover...eg toffee apples..always gd..
MS NIGHTMARE

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:28 pm

Monster House comes out on Oct. 24th - FYI.
.:~* Even though Halloween is gone, the spirit of it still lives on *~:.

gerber
Zombie

Post by gerber » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:19 pm

monstersquad would be a good movie to watch too

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:23 am

I'm surprised no one has suggested "Interview With the Vampire" yet! It's possibly my favourite movie of all time :lol: It's a great film because it isn't scary, it has some dark humour, it has (considering its age) amazing make-up and special effects, and it's all about vampires and their plight. It's a classic!

I also second the motion of Wallace and Gromit's Curse of the Wererabbit - it was such a cute film.

"The Craft" is another film that is about the supernatural/occult that isn't scary, about witches and karma etc. "American Werewolf in Paris" is definitely not scary and more of a black comedy than a horror film, but it's about werewolves.

Of course, if you wanted to dig out a real oldie, what about "Casper"? They even have a Halloween party in it! :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat May 19, 2007 11:59 pm

Hey people, I just bought The Haunted Mansion yesterday DVD for $5, has anyone seen it, was it good? I haven't watched it yet, hope to tomorrow.

this Monster House you're all talking about, is it all animated or a bit of both, or non-animated, cause I saw one the other day that I thought was called that, but I bought the Haunted Mansion instead.

^v^ Dutchess of Darkness ^v^

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun May 20, 2007 12:11 am

Saturday the 14th and Saturday the 14th Strikes Back!

Dracula: Dead and Loving It!

Monster House

The Haunted Manison

A Nightmare Before Christmas

Elvira: Mistress of the Darkness

Elvira: THe Haunted Hill

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue May 22, 2007 4:47 am

Hey All, Ok I just finished watching The Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy, I really enjoyed it. I am really big on authentic looking decor, props and such, and omg, I could have just moved right in, I have to admit :oops: I was green with envy when The Evers were given the Deed to That place, I just loved every inch of the Mansion and the property, was without question one of the best $5 spent,YIPPIE! So ya if your looking for a fun Halloween movie, one the little ones could watch with you try this one outif you already haven't :wink:

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue May 22, 2007 11:38 pm

I agree, DOD, two thumbs UP!!

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Wed May 23, 2007 12:29 am

I always thought that movie would be silly and I've never made the effort to see it. But you've made me reconsider, Dutchess, if it's something you appreciated, I bet I would love it too!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.