Christmas gifts that back-fire...

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Christmas gifts that back-fire...

Postby Silver Belle on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:49 pm

So, after becoming a victim to my own son 4 times now, I felt compelled to start this thread....have any of you ever given a gift to a family member (especially your children) that you thought was a great idea at the time and turned out to be disasterous??? This past Christmas, I gave my sons their first bow and arrow sets (because archery is a respectable sport, right?)--of course they're not even 5 yet, so the bow is plastic and the arrows suction cup...but that hasn't stopped my son Dylan from nailing me four times now (twice ON PURPOSE!). He got my butt the other night, two times, (and yes, that was on purpose, the little hoodlum :roll: ), but since then I've walked into his 'friendly-fire' to get nailed on the leg and just today right in the face!!! Hmmmm, may have to re-think these weaponry type gift ideas for a while... :? :wink:
'In the air there's a feeling of Christmas...'
Silver Belle

Postby Big Steve on Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Hi Silver Belle,

I remember many years ago we had a tinsel tree with glass balls decorating it. And this was the kind of tree that had the rotating color wheel lighting up its aluminum tinsels. Well anyhow my brother buys me, 7 years old at the time, a plastic M-1 Garand rifle with a grenade launcher that shoots plastic grenades. As I surveyed the living room for potential enemies of America and our freedom, I sort of stumbled upon our poor little Christmas tree. Taking careful aim not to miss, I struck down five Christmas balls in short order. By now I was feeling delighted that America is kept safe by me. Also in short order my mother disarmed me of my rifle, sentenced only to live out the rest of my life on non combat desk duty, and I never had seen my rifle again.

Big Steve
Big Steve

Postby Silver Belle on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Big Steve, goodNESS, your story is hilarious!! :lol: I could NOT stop laughing as I was reading it :lol: ....you've definitely cemented my decision to lay off the arsenal type gifts for our sons until they're...hmmmm, come to think of it, they may not ever be ready. :)
'In the air there's a feeling of Christmas...'
Silver Belle

Re: Christmas gifts that back-fire...

Postby Shinok87 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:26 am

great stories i really enjoyed them... anyone else have some good stories?
Shinok87

Postby Andybev01 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:15 pm

I received an 'air-gun' not the pellet kind, but one that you pumped up several times to fire a blast of air with.
I was firing it at my much older (and mean!) brother so he took it away and instead of hiding it, he took it apart and removed the diaphram that produced the air pressue and gave it back to me.

I don't like him much to this day.
"What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
Dr. Seuss
Andybev01

Postby SnowMau on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:13 pm

Hehehe, why do these stories remind me of "A Christmas story?" XD
They took your guns away so you wouldn't shoot your eye out. Everyone knows that. :mrgreen:
Look out Rudolph, Santa might just replace you with the cute, magical, Christmas Kittens!
SnowMau

Location: Throwing Snowballs at the neighbor kids XD Just kidding.

Postby ldiliberto on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:30 am

We gave our son a innocent little coloring book and markers one year. The markers said they were washable. After we allowed him to mark all over his own clothes and some of ours too, we realized that they were NOT washable markers. We basically had to throw away a bunch of clothes!
ldiliberto

Return to Christmas Thoughts