Halloween Ideas

Are you a yard or home haunter? Discuss that here.
LadyTodd
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Halloween Ideas

Post by LadyTodd » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:09 am

For as long as I can remember, my dads favourite holiday has been Halloween. Forget Christmas decorating, its definately halloween. Years back, he would make Giant inflatable pumpkins out of garbage bags and an old fan. Or even Huge inflatable ghosts. He makes lots of things out of garbage bags ( becasue he works at glad) and its just amazing! We even do half the yard as a graveyard, with tombs we made from styrofoam, that we painted and melted down, they look great!! The thing is, this year we are really running low on ideas. One time my brother was scrawny enough to fit into one of those pumpkin man things you stuff with leaves. He would sit in the garden and scare the pants off people. We've also gotten a roofing harness and attached it to a huge tree we had out front and took turns hanging from it like a stuffed dummy. Not only did the kids on the way to the door get scared, but the parents waiting at the end of the driveway got scared by the person hanging in the trees. Since Halloween is by far our favourite holiday, we need some ideas. Ive read a lot of things off of this website and gotten a few ideas, but more is always helpful!!! So if anyone can send some ideas this way, that would be just wonderful!!!! Thanks :)

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:45 pm

Well I don't have any specific ideas but a house in our city makes an entire interactive yard. You walk thorugh it by paths and there are props as you walk.

You could try something like that......

Or having a graveyard with fog (they make machines to do low lying fog) and eerie green lighting.....make the kids walk through or something.

LadyTodd
Ghost

Post by LadyTodd » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:50 pm

OK Thanks!! YOu gave me a few ideas...once I get them perfected, I will let you know how it turns out!!! I cant WAIT for Halloween!!! :lol:

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:14 pm

Post phots if you dont mind, we like photos here!

Tabathamax
Ghost

Decorating ideas

Post by Tabathamax » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:43 pm

One of my favorite yard decorations are upside legs poking out of the ground the kids love them

http://links.pictures.aol.com/pic?id=0b ... Ig=&size=l

Have fun

95bluestreak
Ghost

Post by 95bluestreak » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:46 pm

We have gotten hooked and try to get more creative each Halloween. We live in the country, and have people call ahead and bring groups of teenagers to see our yard. Last year, I made a set of false shoulders out of a cardboard box, and covered them with a black sheet. Then I loosely attached a fake severed head on top to look like it was connected. When people walked into the yard, my son, dressed like "jason", fired up my gasoline chain saw (with the chain removed, of course) and chased me down and cut off my fake head. Then he chased the others around a little bit with the chainsaw roaring. We also use graveyard props and creepy music.

LadyTodd
Ghost

Post by LadyTodd » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:05 am

wow! I have LOTS of ideas now! THanks!! and I will be sure to post some pictures after halloween!!!!!! But if anyone else has any suggestions, let me know!! The more ideas the better!!!! Thanks again!!!!

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:38 am

Look @ this

halloweendecorating.piczo.com

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:19 pm

wow bluestreak that is a really fun idea. I like the creativity and gore!!!