Miniatures

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Miniatures

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:21 am

One thing me and my grandma seem to agree on is that we both like miniatures, and she gets a catalog that sells stuff to put in small miniature doll houses and such. I happened to notice some Halloween and Harvest stuff in it which got me excited. It wasn't much though, but it was still something.
So it kind of made me wonder, has anyone ever built a miniature haunted house, or miniature grave yard or any other miniature haunted display?
My mom and stepfather if I remember right have a miniature "halloween town" display. You could like, have a laboratory, a morgue, a grave yard, and a haunted house as suggestions. I can't remember all the things my mom and stepfather had in their mini display though, but I remember a laboratory and a morgue. My stepfather also has a small halloween tree.
If I had the time and the money I'd build one, and I'm really tempted to build my own miniature haunted house. (And even cooler if I could get a replica of Christine to be parked outside of it! Hahaha.)
So what do my fellow haunters think of miniature haunts?
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Miniatures

Post by adrian » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:33 am

i think miniatures are GREAT! i like the idea of you making it :) that would sound like fun.. instead of buying the little christmas houses my mother has been making her own and she has a TON of fun and they mean so much more. On halloween i make my own mask. i've been living on my own for only 3 years now but now i have 3 (about to be four) unique mask that i'll do my best to keep for the rest of my life :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:40 pm

I found this photo on a miniatures hobby site.

I design mini printables for fun, and have posted some here

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3162
Attachments
Mini-Ween.JPG
Mini-Ween.JPG (237.83 KiB) Viewed 13974 times
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:22 pm

Oh my gosh, that's cute Andy! I wonder where you can get that?
I'd definately want the little miniature kitty cat. ...I'm obsessed with cats I know. :p

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:03 pm

Those look pretty cute. I'm not a huge fanof miniatures because they're hard to see. My sister loves them because they're easier to put out and put away.

Mike

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:02 pm

Remember our discussion about our perfect Halloween village? It'd be neat to see a miniature made of it.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:52 am

DemonSlayerMau wrote:Remember our discussion about our perfect Halloween village? It'd be neat to see a miniature made of it.

that WOULD be a pretty good idea :) i wish there were a way for us to create one together.. is there an online app that we could all down load and participate together? kinda like a sims?

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:02 pm

The closest I could think of is something like IMVU or Second Life, but someone would have to know how to use a 3D modelling program.
On IMVU however, I do have a Halloween themed room with pumpkins, a grave yard with some ghosts and some floating islands. I added some black cats to it to put my paw print on it so to speak. But I don't know much about 3D modelling.
You could probably find scenes that are Halloween ish enough on IMVU, but it costs money to buy credits on it, which kind of sticks. But it is a fun program. I've got my anthromorphic black cat character Mau on it. She wasn't a black cat originally, but I made her such because of my love for Halloween. She's also an angel of death and slays demons for a living.
If someone knows how to make 3D models and such, an option then is to create a chat using that specific room and inviting everyone on Halloween.com on it. Creating an account is free and easy to do, but customizing it can cost money. There are ways you can earn promotional credits though and that's free.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:05 pm

that sounds like a good idea. is it available for mac. maybe this is something we can suggest to halloweencom to put on the site as a link :) maybe if we suggest our idea he/she could come up with the game/world :)

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:50 pm

I couldn't tell you if there was a mac version or not. I'm assuming it's primarily for PC.
I don't know if HalloweenCom has the capabilities, but it's not hard to sign up.
Go to www.imvu.com and check and see.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:18 pm

DemonSlayerMau wrote:I couldn't tell you if there was a mac version or not. I'm assuming it's primarily for PC.
I don't know if HalloweenCom has the capabilities, but it's not hard to sign up.
Go to http://www.imvu.com and check and see.

will do ;)

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:11 am

My wife and I have a miniature Halloween village similar to what people may build for Christmas though this is way cooler. We're not artistically inclined so we buy the pieces. We only started last year so we only have a few pieces since they are expensive. We had put the fake moss underneath it and it looked real cool. Though my wife was allergic to something in it so we're going to have to figure out something different for this year. They set we buy is from Department 56 and is of good quality(which is why we are willing to pay the extra money when we're broke) the link to it is http://www.department56.com/content.asp ... u=products I will post a picture of ours once it's up(soon Yay Halloween!!)

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:20 am

Thanks for the link DemonicDuck! yes, post pics soon :) i'm sure you could get started early lol but yea, i'd like to see what you guys are working on

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:41 pm

I was lucky enough to find a Micheal's near the main campus of my school, and got these miniature light up pumpkins along a string and two of them come with little cats walking next to them. They are battery powered, and I found just the right spot for them. They give that errie glow of a jack o' lantern, except of course much smaller and without the flicker. I love 'em. They weren't that expensive either, infact I think they were on sale. They were the last ones too.
Miniatures can be expensive, but if you're lucky you can find good buys.
In August I was lucky enough to find little stampers which, look like miniatures. One had a cat on a jack o' lantern, the other has a skeleton coming out of a jack o' lantern. These I found at the salvation army. The fact they were stampers was an added bonus, I didn't even realize it until after I bought them. They make a nice little Halloween decoration however.
I'm finding I really like little decorations since they don't take up a lot of room.

sueluvshalloween
Haunt Master

Post by sueluvshalloween » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:32 pm

Demonic Duck wrote:My wife and I have a miniature Halloween village similar to what people may build for Christmas though this is way cooler. We're not artistically inclined so we buy the pieces. We only started last year so we only have a few pieces since they are expensive. We had put the fake moss underneath it and it looked real cool. Though my wife was allergic to something in it so we're going to have to figure out something different for this year. They set we buy is from Department 56 and is of good quality(which is why we are willing to pay the extra money when we're broke) the link to it is http://www.department56.com/content.asp ... u=products I will post a picture of ours once it's up(soon Yay Halloween!!)
I have some Dept. 56 Halloween pieces, which I have sitting on top of my entertainment unit. The top of every surface in my home has to have something Halloween-ish on it. The pieces I have are the spooky tree (it has a lighted face that blinks), tombstones, cats, pumpkins, a black picket skeleton fence, and black trees. I arrange the tombtones in front of the tree. Then I place the fence around it, with the pumpkins arranged on both sides of the opening of the fence. The cats are next to the pumpkins, and there's a black tree outsie the fence on each side. I also purchased miniature lights for each tree -- one has purple & orange LED lights (they're really intense!) & the other tree has black cat-head lights. Behind the display, I put a piece of cardstock that has a Halloween scene. Then I put a string of green lights around the perimeter of the top of the entertainment unit, with Spanish moss. There are a couple of other things up there, too. Without a picture, it's hard to get a good idea of it. Anyway, it looks great.